Sweden

YES! I will try this immediately when I get home.

Here's hoping WINE doesn't feel like being a bitch tonight.  A native linux package would be rad though.

Russia, Moscow

Native linux version is not possible.

Is it possible to have different sounding instruments for the 4 FM channels, and if so how? I can't get them to sound different no matter how many samples I load.

Teeside, UK
Ckenny wrote:

Is it possible to have different sounding instruments for the 4 FM channels, and if so how? I can't get them to sound different no matter how many samples I load.

Ahh I had that problem when I first started with this. Have you made sure that the "Inst" button at the top right of the pattern page has been clicked? If not it just uses Instrument #1 as a default sound.

rochester, ny
Tunners wrote:
Ckenny wrote:

Ahh I had that problem when I first started with this. Have you made sure that the "Inst" button at the top right of the pattern page has been clicked? If not it just uses Instrument #1 as a default sound.

no, if you don't have the button pressed that means it doesn't write an instrument number on the line when you add a note. whatever the last instrument you used on the line is the one that is applied to that note.

this thing is so bitchen!  Shiru; when i get a job again,  I'm making sure I donate.

Sweden

I had a go at this yesterday (gonna finish my song today!) and I can just say that I love it. I couldn't imagine a better way to add sample/psg functionality to the interface.

There is a bug in the previous pattern display, though. There, the effect commands outside the hexadecimal range of numbers (Sxx,Nxx etc) are displayed as two digit hexadecimal numbers (Sxx becomes 1Cxx...), screwing up the column width.

Teeside, UK
nickmaynard wrote:
Tunners wrote:

no, if you don't have the button pressed that means it doesn't write an instrument number on the line when you add a note. whatever the last instrument you used on the line is the one that is applied to that note.

kind of what I meant apart from the previous instrument number bit tongue this UK heatwave has affected by ability to articulate a point big_smile

Sweden

Completed my first song! http://mixtape.be/stuff/trinitronsunset.vge

boomlinde wrote:

Completed my first song! http://mixtape.be/stuff/trinitronsunset.vge

niiiiiiiiiiiice!

USA

This tracker is beautiful, and so is your song Mr boomlinde. It displayed the power of the program very well. I'll definitely be giving it a serious session or two.

heart

Liverpool, UK
Shiru wrote:

I don't have real console to compare volumes of PSG vs FM.

Hey - I recently acquired a Mega Drive 1, so there's a Mega Drive 2 going spare if you want it? I can include the UK PSU and RF cable if you so desire.

Let me know here or through PM, cheers.

Russia, Moscow

Lack of a console is only part of the problem, I also don't have a flash cart.

TmEE have said he did a volume balance test few years ago and promised to find it. Don't know how long it'll take. Actually, anyone with a flash cart can make a test - create a song that uses both FM and PSG in the editor, playback on the hardware and record the result into audio file. Recording of a test pattern where FM and PSG instruments play in order (to see output level of one FM or PSG channel at a time) would be even better.

Wow, I go on vacation for 10 days and find this when I return? This is insanely cool. Here's my first test with this program. It doesn't use all the channels, and is more of a test "loop" of these new features...but it's still decent!

http://chipmusic.org/jredd/music/select-your-fighter

Rest assured better things are coming, and I will be very active making tunes with this.

Who's down for some collaborations once I get better with this? Also, holy crap Boomlinde your song is fantastic!