philly

The TAS edit function in FCEUX seems like it should work for most things I'd want it to, but it needs to start from the beginning of the game. That can be problematic if I'm interested in something that's an insane number of frames into the game and don't want to have to map out the controls to get there.

edit: TAS edit also overrides the sprite and background enable/ disable controls.

Last edited by bucky (Jul 3, 2011 11:33 pm)

Brooklyn, NY

Yep! FCEUX - use it all the time to figure out exactly what's going on with some of the crazier effects. Don't know the default but I hit Q to pause and \ to advance every frame.

Love the recent GIFs by the way - the Magician goat's milk one had me laughing for a while!

philly

Excellent. It appears that the default is the pause key and \.

Thanks! Yeah I've been making some gifs from games recently. I want to have some where every frame is accounted for. I made this first:

But since it's choppy I wanted to capture a segment of how it really looks:

edit: What the hell? Safari is playing this back really slowly. Chrome is getting it right. hrm...

Last edited by bucky (Jul 4, 2011 7:11 pm)

Wellington, New Zealand

lol cool. It works on chrome its so flashy

Chicago IL

man i had to open up a rom of taboo to see what it is, i can't believe someone made a tarot card game and actually sold it!

philly
Saskrotch wrote:

man i had to open up a rom of taboo to see what it is, i can't believe someone made a tarot card game and actually sold it!

It's ridiculous. If that was sold close to the price of a normal game, what a ripoff. But as long as David Wise made some money off of it, all is good. smile

Last edited by bucky (Jul 4, 2011 10:50 pm)