Hey all, I just recently got a NESK-1 and I was wondering what you'd think would be the best/most affordable option in regards to having a portable screen for setup? I realize you can do set-up without a screen, but I'd prefer to work with a screen rather than either memorize all the codes or refer to a cheat sheet. I was looking into a portable DVD player, but that seems rather expensive for the purpose. Any better ideas?

Wilmington,NC

We run a SNES on stage and use a portable Xbox screen. It has rca ins and was less than 40 on ebay. There are gamecube ones too.

This thread was a few down:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4683/ … ntegrated/
or do you want bigger?

12ianma wrote:

This thread was a few down:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4683/ … ntegrated/
or do you want bigger?

Not so much bigger as just cost effective/space effective while still being legible. Are you actually making those, or is it still in plan/inception stages?

Making if you want one. pretty easy to read on them. They have 900 by 500 or something resolution. What are you playing on the nes. I have not been pleased withthe yobo version as I like the actual NeS better

Last edited by 12ianma (Jul 31, 2011 10:20 pm)

12ianma wrote:

Making if you want one. pretty easy to read on them. They have 900 by 500 or something resolution. What are you playing on the nes. I have not been pleased withthe yobo version as I like the actual NeS better

Okay, what's your price including shipping? I just need to be able to read the NESK-1 setup menus.

Could you send a rom? I could throw it on an emulator and tell you from there. I don't have a powerpak but it'd be easy to tell from te emu. My email is [email protected] ... As for price it'd be a lot cheaper if you provided the NES, but I'd imagine it'd be around 90$ shipped. you provide the nes it'd be like 45$

NESK-1 is not freeware. I'd be illegal for him to share the program with you.

Thanks, but no thanks. It's sounding way more expensive and complicated than the other options. Looks like the X-Box screen thing is the way to go.

These screens only cost 20$ off of eBay. You may want to try one first, if you buy one and don't like it I'll pay 20$ for it.