Whitley Bay, England

Yeah, I saw that.. It was on eBay for 75$ I think? Way, waaayyy too much. Like, ridiculous price.

I think I'm gonna copy the thing with taking the wires out of the bottom though! I'm a bit sketchy with drilling a huge hole in the side of the metal case.

Whitley Bay, England

Finally added MIDI to my Monotribe today - I just soldered onto the pins of the serial connector (as opposed to the solder pads, making the whole thing easier), and threaded the wires through the little hole to attach a dongle or something to it. Lots of tape and a jack on the end, works fine! hahah

It's a little ghetto, but way way easier than drilling holes and dismantling the entire thing smile

Sweeeeeeden

Did you put a resistor on the signal wire, though? That's highly recommended for protection...

Amsterdam

Just wanna say I love the monotribe's sound. So this MIDI extension sounds epic.

Whitley Bay, England
nitro2k01 wrote:

Did you put a resistor on the signal wire, though? That's highly recommended for protection...

I did it the same way you did dude, just soldered to the other side of the board smile

So... I took apart the Tribe to attempt some drum mods. I soldered a couple points and had everything working as I liked. Out of nowhere the power lashed on (the batteries were in since I had just tested it). At the moment of flash,mthere was no soldering going on, and unit had been off. It now will not power on at all. I am posting here hoping that someone has a suggestion on how to fix. I followed this thread a while back regarding issues people had while trying to install a midi mod, and so I thought I'd probe the folks that pass through. ANY though or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.