Oh ok, got it!

Abandoned on Fire

Curious if anyone has completed the update and can confirm they have 1.6.1 on their cart?

Abandoned on Fire
egr wrote:

Curious if anyone has completed the update and can confirm they have 1.6.1 on their cart?

Nobody?

egr wrote:
egr wrote:

Nobody?

I have 1.6.1 on my cart, but it was on the cartridge when I had got it. (omg grammar)

uhajdafdfdfa

just picked it up from the post office,  HYPE !  !  !E ! ! !

thanks oliver xxx

Austin, TX
egr wrote:
egr wrote:

Nobody?

I got mine, updated, and it seems to work fine.

Unsubscribe

What was the critical issue, anyways?

The critical issue is a rather nasty bug that causes data to be wiped after saving a few 100 times, when nanoloop defragments the flash memory. Upon this process, files are copied with a wrong offset so that data appear shifted or just vanish. If you're curious how it looks like, you can force nanoloop to defragment memory by holding START pressed on startup until the sequencer starts.
There is another bug which makes arpeggio unusable.

If you have problems with updating, please contact me.

Brooklyn NY US

Oliver this looks amazing. Will be ordering one of these shortly.

Any advice concerning use of the USB adaptor on an OS X machine? Would PC emulation do the trick, or are we out of luck?

Any ideas about nanoloop 1.6 compatibility with existing backup devices (for instance the Smartboy reader)?

Palmdale, CA

just received mine today going to start crankin out tunes after i update them

Bit Shifter wrote:

Any advice concerning use of the USB adaptor on an OS X machine? Would PC emulation do the trick, or are we out of luck?

I don't know, if other USB peripherals work, then probably yes.

Bit Shifter wrote:

Any ideas about nanoloop 1.6 compatibility with existing backup devices (for instance the Smartboy reader)?

These won't work.

Palmdale, CA

having trouble updating one of the carts hmm
i successfully updated one after 2 tries but the other gets stuck
after the the pc program says done

Sweeeeeeden

I'm still waiting for my cart, but when it arrives I'm going to sit down and work on alternative methods for updating the cartridge, if you don't have a USB adapter. In particular, what I have planned is updates over link cable from a second Gameboy running any flash cartridge. (And just so no one misunderstands that. That doesn't mean Nanoloop will run on other cartridges. This is just for updates.)

Abandoned on Fire
Rock Kandy wrote:

gets stuck after the the pc program says done

Dang, that's the problem I'm having.  I was hoping it was just me being stupid.
BTW, have you tried to load roms to the A and B slots?  That works fine for me, only the Nanoloop update is giving me problems.

I got mine yesterday. I love it. fetishistically minimalistic and as chip as anything could look.

Oliver actually held mine until the critical error was worked out (thank god, I'm on a mac).

If you can download ROMs but no update, the update sector may have been locked by accident. Please contact me at [email protected] for a diagnosis ROM.