Melbourne, Australia

Some of my highlights?
Finally getting to see the 7bit hero set I’d waited over a year for
Getting to meet the people I hadn’t met before (Hunz, Batsly, OGW,_ensnare_ and especially ilLKe)
Finally seeing Lazerbeat play a live set and absolutely killing it
Coming up with a (shorter than usual) list of brilliant ideas with Trash80 and Celsius
Seapunk
Bit Shifter’s brilliant calls of “Stay Glassy” and “Nautical by Nature” (contextually they were great)
The green room conversation stupidity
The amazing selection of covers
Seeing IlLKe’s live visuals for the first time.
Being interviewed by Bankai for the stream and a certain comment by an individual who will remain nameless, but whose name starts with an M and rhymes with Sonodeer) about how the best thing about Australian men and women were their asses (hilarious!)
Sitting around watching literal film chips with Celsius, g-ZOM, lazerbeat, D-K and T80
Hally necking a whole bottle of wine on stage
The “bar crawl” that took us across town and included features such as “going too far on the tram” “getting splattered with cement” and “the giant theremin that no one was actually interested in”

Oh and, I suppose being told again and again by people that it was one of the best weekends ever. That was pretty nice too

Theres more but this is a pretty reasonable start

Brooklyn NY US

Yeah still processing everything that happened over the last week. Totally amazing. Some of my favorite moments:

- non-stop lolz at the Bongo House with Derris-Kharlan, Cid, G-Zom & Lauren
- spending most of the week in stupefied awe at Cid's endless helpfulness to everyone around him
- buying a Coke at some kind of stationery store on what happened to be Feb. 14th and having a big Russian (I think) dude pat me on the shoulder & whisper a heartfelt "Good luck tonight" in my ear
- Australian coffee
- kangaroo burger at a massive Melbourne night market
- Monodeer & iLKke's live set, seriously what the fuck
- getting to hang with Hally again, and being reminded what a beast he is on stage
- seeing Lazerbeat & _ensnare_ live for the first time, totally killer
- meeting iLKke & his excellent Wolverine sideburns
- the totally mindblowing interactive 7bit Hero set
- phở with Patric Catani (pardon me while I trick out this humblebrag with accurate Unicode characters nabbed from Wikipedia)
- chilling out with a beer in perfect Melbourne weather, listening to Dot.AY & Celsius' chipmusic radio show
- "poo tickets" = Australian slang for toilet paper
- getting schooled about seapunk, tribal guarachero, and meter-long Mexican pointy boots
- seeing cTrix, Batsly Adams, Abrasive, and little-scale all in one place, and feeling the earth's axial tilt shift slightly as a result of the mass of their combined intellect
- Mildura Brewery Desert Premium Lager
- discovering that a brand new Hally CD exists, and buying the shit out of it instantly

Melbourne, Australia
Bit Shifter wrote:

- Monodeer & iLKke's live set, seriously what the fuck

This x 100

Central Coast, NSW, Australia
dosPrompt wrote:

someone had slapped an eindbaas sticker on it too, haha

(i forgot my girlfriend had a cm account ~ victory)

Last edited by OrigamiCat (Feb 21, 2012 3:39 am)

The Central Coast, Australia
dosPrompt wrote:

It was definitely worth giving up the rest of my wine.

Definitely the best gig I have ever been to!

Psydney, Australia

Hally so ruled over the crowd, he's fucking dictator material.

ad-hell-aide

This was the best weekend I have had in ages.

Melbourne

Also, Hally's cover of Cmon by Regurgitator was awesome!

(wait, he did do that, right? I wasn't just hallucinating?)

hardcore, Australia

Wish I had thought to take photos with people instead of just OF them.

When's the blupfast meme-orgy going to start?

Sydney, NSW

I really wanted to go, being so close. Reading all this is making me feel depressed.

My gap year will definitely be spent at whatever Blipfest is on at the time though!

hardcore, Australia

FUCKEN SEAPUNKS

Last edited by godinpants (Feb 21, 2012 8:49 am)

Melbourne, Australia

It has begun.

New York City

Damnit, I miss this and with it the chance to see Bit Shifter get seapunked.

Bit Shifter wrote:

- buying a Coke at some kind of stationery store on what happened to be Feb. 14th and having a big Russian (I think) dude pat me on the shoulder & whisper a heartfelt "Good luck tonight" in my ear

BWahahahahaahQ!!!!!!

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 21, 2012 9:30 am)

Melbourne, Australia

I'm still drunk

ad-hell-aide

jagerbombs for everyone

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

I'm still drunk

Same.

I really had a great time guys. Thanks to those who put on that kickass shindig and those who were there to make it even more kickass in spite of me being there! haha