BOSTON

so i was jokingly hassling pixls and sylcmyk about this on twitter, but im kind of serious. who wants to do an iOS nanoloop comp with me? I've looked around on soundcloud and here and can't find much in the way of not-just-fucking-around-with-it App tunes. I'm using it for a game soundtrack and have been really stoked on the sounds ive been able to get out of it, and would really like toi think it would be pretty sweet to hear what other people can come up with.

[for people who haven't used it, and are wondering why I'd care to do a comp about a port of a very well known chip platform: the iOS version its a fairly stripped down nanoloop with a similar sound engine to 2.x + the ability to sample on every channel and some other changes. It has new limitations and new strengths and IMHO is a totally different beast]

EDIT UPDATE: ok, tracks are to be in by Dec 5th. send wavs or links to wavs to [email protected] it's gonna be sweet dudes

EDIT 2: many submissions in! And art by FrostByte which is perfect.

Artists so far:
br1ghtpr1mate (me! hi duh)
sylcmyk
dj hollow life
frostbyte
lagomorph
the ghost servant
dkstr

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Dec 10, 2011 5:31 pm)

I have it for Android. I'll try to whip something up, but I'm really lazy.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Get in touch with Doctor Popular.

Finland

Im down, if clear deadline is set.

BOSTON

given how quick it is to write in nanoloop, I'd probably put a month deadline on it once we have some people interesed. there is nothing I hate more than a never ending, never released comp.

doc pop uses iLoop? thats funny, I'd be interested to hear his stuff. I'll bet a lot of people do, but just haven't released anything

San Francisco

i have been making a couple of live jams with it.

BOSTON

do it! post em! ill start

http://chipmusic.org/br1ght+pr1mate/mus … alhouse%5D

we'll make a comp and it'll be shweet

São Paulo, Brazil

I'm on it.
android ftw.

Sydney, NSW

I'm not getting an iOS device until Christmas, and my Android got stolen.

I'd join otherwise.

Philly, PA, USA

OK, I know I gave you shit about it, but I've totally been playing around with iNanoloop, I might try to make a whole song for this, we'll see...

ad-hell-aide

Interesting. I think I might have to partake.

I've been working on a lot of stuff but not finished any tracks really, will send something if/when I do! Used it live a lot tho. Here's a short video of the very end/encore of crazy 5am set recently. Bit of audience-participation noise at the beginning followed by brief quickly abandoned speedcore haha http://youtu.be/HMJ1hItdHPM
Most of the rest of the set was gabber-ish mess and/or attempts at grime, did some Gameboy nanoloop too. smile

Tracks I have been working on recently somehow keep coming out as kind of atonal minimal house :-S

BOSTON

well if little-scale is in, then it's officially a comp wink

cool let's see if we can make a memorable deadline. ok, how about tracks are due one month from now, 11/5. REMEMBER REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMEBER

BOSTON

I'd like files to be wavs so I can put them on band camp. and awesome, most importantly.

Finland

Ok, so 5th of November it is. Lets do this people!

BOSTON

comp is now called "steve jobs nanoloop posse"

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Oct 6, 2011 1:28 am)