Abandoned on Fire
PixyJunket wrote:
Jellica wrote:

I have the same issue with the L command, it never seems to bend notes how I want - I find it easier to use the P command and play with the vib. type if i want a nice Portamento effect.

L is one of my favorite commands.

One thing you have to note is that it bends the previous note to the new one.

A#6 ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
C 6 L02

Bends the A# down to a C. But as aphasia noted, you're only going to get something usable with an 01 or 02 (experiment, naturally).

A cool effect is using an L with no note, this bends anything down to nil (or C 3, I'd assume).

A#6 ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- L01

Or something like this, is a cool little sound.

Ah yes, your second example is what I've been doing sort of.  I guess I couldn't get my head around not putting the command at the beginning of the bend.  More experimentation is in order!

Last edited by egr (Jan 29, 2010 4:32 pm)

Plano, TX
egr wrote:

Ah yes, your second example is what I've been doing sort of.  I guess I couldn't get my head around not putting the command at the beginning of the bend.  My experimentation is in order!

Gotcha, so if you want to bend UP, trigger the L with a higher note.

C 5 ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
A#5 L02

Bends UP to A#6.

C 5 ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
B B L01

This should (in theory) be the exact opposite effect of using an L on an empty step.

England
PixyJunket wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Your volume progression is not being smooth, so those are the "clicks" I believe.
Try using a table, too.

That was a table example.

edit: Also note that the clicks are there if you increment by one instead of two as well, sorry for the bad example.

the clicks are a "feature" !!... well I can't get rid of them, I also get a more noticeable clicking sound when it hits a 0 volume at some point in the table.

The only way to make them fit is to have your volume change increments in time with the amout of ticks that there are in your groove, so the clicks fit in with the beat.

Brazil

The trick with the L command is using the vibration type. Change it from HF/\/ to the type you want. The best for Legatto is sine, cause it changes smoothly. :3

Sydney, Australia

I recently got my cart earlier today (been using an emulator before).
It isn't REALLY lsdj, but eh. This is what i do.

1. Put cart in gameboy pocket.
2. Nintendo logo comes up
3. Nintendo logo comes up
4. Turn off, turn back on again.
5. Nintendo logo comes up
6. Nintendo logo comes up.
7. Put cart in gameboy color.
8. Nintendo logo comes up.
9. LSDJ comes up.
10. Put cart back into gameboy pocket.
11. Turn on.
12. Nintendo logo comes up
13. LSDJ comes up. I use it for around 20min, no problems.
14. Press start
15. Nintendo logo comes up (start was working fine before, and now for some reason this happens)
16. Nintendo logo comes up
17. Take cart out.
18. Go back to 1.

Has anyone else had this? Am I doing something wrong?
edit: I found out the nintendo logo pops up randomly. It was coincidently appearing when i pressed start.
But it still hasn't solved the problem.

I can get lucky, but then it'll just restart.

Last edited by andrio (Feb 2, 2010 11:16 am)

SF
andrio wrote:

I recently got my cart earlier today (been using an emulator before).
It isn't REALLY lsdj, but eh. This is what i do.

1. Put cart in gameboy pocket.
2. Nintendo logo comes up
3. Nintendo logo comes up
4. Turn off, turn back on again.
5. Nintendo logo comes up
6. Nintendo logo comes up.
7. Put cart in gameboy color.
8. Nintendo logo comes up.
9. LSDJ comes up.
10. Put cart back into gameboy pocket.
11. Turn on.
12. Nintendo logo comes up
13. LSDJ comes up. I use it for around 20min, no problems.
14. Press start
15. Nintendo logo comes up (start was working fine before, and now for some reason this happens)
16. Nintendo logo comes up
17. Take cart out.
18. Go back to 1.

Has anyone else had this? Am I doing something wrong?
edit: I found out the nintendo logo pops up randomly. It was coincidently appearing when i pressed start.
But it still hasn't solved the problem.

I can get lucky, but then it'll just restart.

Which cart do you have? If you are using an EMS cart with the pocket, it is restarts because of power issues.

Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

The trick with the L command is using the vibration type. Change it from HF/\/ to the type you want. The best for Legatto is sine, cause it changes smoothly. :3

I don't think slide or pitch commands are affected by the vibrato waveform. HF/non-HF, yes.
Oh, and there's no sine. Saw, Triangle and Square. wink

MA

Hooked up my homemade LSDJ keyboard (Dell SK-8100 w/ DMG-07 cable) to my game boy DMg.... all I get is blank screen, or pixelated mess when I unplug it w/ The unit on. Can't get it to work, and I got everything right I assume. Started a blank Keyboard file...The Song is set at 00 00 00 00 got chain set at 00 with the phrase at 00 and ins. @ 00. No matter what I do....blank screen and nothing picks up from keyboard? Any suggestions????

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
Turtle413 wrote:

Hooked up my homemade LSDJ keyboard (Dell SK-8100 w/ DMG-07 cable) to my game boy DMg.... all I get is blank screen, or pixelated mess when I unplug it w/ The unit on. Can't get it to work, and I got everything right I assume. Started a blank Keyboard file...The Song is set at 00 00 00 00 got chain set at 00 with the phrase at 00 and ins. @ 00. No matter what I do....blank screen and nothing picks up from keyboard? Any suggestions????

when i use my keyboard i start LSDj w/o the keyboard attached.
i boot up the cart and go to the LSDj project screen.
then i attach the keyboard, and set the sync mode to: KEYBD
when you do that, you should notice a hex address popup
to the right of the "purge" option. (in the image it's: I00)

Last edited by xero (Feb 2, 2010 6:16 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
PixyJunket wrote:
egr wrote:

Ah yes, your second example is what I've been doing sort of.  I guess I couldn't get my head around not putting the command at the beginning of the bend.  My experimentation is in order!

Gotcha, so if you want to bend UP, trigger the L with a higher note.

C 5 ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
A#5 L02

Bends UP to A#6.

C 5 ---
--- ---
--- ---
--- ---
B B L01

This should (in theory) be the exact opposite effect of using an L on an empty step.

Finally figured out that the bend starts at the second note position.  tongue

MA

Xero...I did that too! Wierd that my LSDJ program doesn't give you that PURGE option when you select KEYBOARD in The Sync menu. And like I say... as soon as you plug it in the screen goes blank and program stops functioning. What da heck sad

You shouldn't plug/unplug anything while the gameboy is on.

MA

^yeah I know... you have a better suggestion?

MA

Plus I just got the DMG for $8. It breaks, then oh well...it breaks. Fixing it will just give me something to do.Anyway... had anyone had this problem with the Dell sk-8100's??? not the sk-8110's these boards are slightly different, but have the same wire colors. And whats up with the PURGE mode? Doesn't appear after you select keyboard on synch???

MA
Turtle413 wrote:

Plus I just got the DMG for $8. It breaks, then oh well...it breaks. Fixing it will just give me something to do.Anyway... had anyone had this problem with the Dell sk-8100's??? not the sk-8110's these boards are slightly different, but have the same wire colors. And whats up with the PURGE mode? Doesn't appear after you select keyboard on synch???

Still having the problem??? Any suggestions? Anyone please?

Newcastle, UK
tRasH cAn maN wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

I don't think slide or pitch commands are affected by the vibrato waveform. HF/non-HF, yes.
Oh, and there's no sine. Saw, Triangle and Square. wink

Sine = triangle.