shanghai

it arrived ! imma power it up asap ! thanks man

shanghai

as far as i see it all good and powering on.
unfortunately just getting some weird hum right now, the chinese electrical system is annoying when using uk plugs, always makes some weird electrical interference. Could be cos im using the 9volt plug from a korg maybe i dunno, but yeah just wanted to let you know its working in terms of powering on etc.

is it normally ok to go from the headphone out to my soundcard input ? i figured that is ok

Tokyo, Japan
Downstate wrote:

is it normally ok to go from the headphone out to my soundcard input ? i figured that is ok

This is fine, exactly what i do. For the hum Is you electric supply grounded?

shanghai

oh god, i fucking doubt anything is grounded in this retarded country. im sure its a problem with my shitty plugs in here......i tried seperate wall sockets.....running through my mixer.....running direct to soundcard........i suspect its an issue with my plug not being the correct one. im using a 9v plug from akorg, guess it doesnt like it. imma go have a fiddle about now

shanghai

and to anser your question, the plug im using is grounded yes. its a uk plug from the korg, and its a megadrive from uk so it should ve been compatible id have thought

shanghai

sorry to waste a whole page of the thread : P
just wanted to report its working fine.
i tested in headphones to tryto hear the start up sounds of the genmdm and it beeps, and ableton is picking up the midi out.
so its just a power issue, i probably just need to go pick up a chinese 2 pin plug to power it and it ll be cool. this korg one is gay.
peace

clovis CA

i noticed that with mine. i wound up using something like a 12v ac psu, and all i got was a LOUD buzz. and i guess "technically" it was on because the LED was on, but no picture. then i found the psu that went with md and man, i was so relieved haha. i noticed that the sega psu kicks out 1.2 amperes, and the one i tried to use originally was half that.

São Paulo, Brazil

MINE JUST ARRIVED BUT I HAD TO LEAVE HOME AND GO TO WORK MY JAPANESE MEGADRIVE EVEN WEPT WHEN I LEFT OMFG THANK YOU SO MUCH DOCTOR SEBASTIAN

Toronto Area, Canada

Has anyone done up a FL Studio midi map yet?

Rhode Island

I was waiting till I got it to make a FL dashboard

Toronto Area, Canada
2PLAYER wrote:

I was waiting till I got it to make a FL dashboard

I'm slowly figuring it out but when you do hit me up with it. [email protected] Might make more sense then what I got going on here.

Rhode Island

I'm on vaca till Sunday. I'll scrap one together for you when I get back

IL, US

man, wish mine was here doesn't seem to have been shipped yet hmm

São Paulo, Brazil

Hey guys, I'm having some sort of problem with Ableton Live, but I'm sure it's some stupid thing I can't find out. I just can't control the midi CC's with my midi controller (nanokontrol). Everything in Ableton's MIDI setup is set correctly (nanokontrol on MIDI input - both Track, Sync and Remote turned on). I mapped the nano sliders and knobs to GENMDM's CC's. And on Ableton's midi track, I set the nanokontrol on the "MIDI from". The only way I can control them is from the Envelope screen. But Ableton doesn't recognize the CC changes. Any help you can give me?

Tokyo, Japan

Does the Nanokontrol work if you send midi CC to another source? if you get super stuck, PM me your ableton file (I have live, a nanokontrol2 and genMDM) I will try and figure it out.

São Paulo, Brazil
Lazerbeat wrote:

Does the Nanokontrol work if you send midi CC to another source? if you get super stuck, PM me your ableton file (I have live, a nanokontrol2 and genMDM) I will try and figure it out.

Yeah, it works with mGB, for example. I'm gonna send you the files right away. Thanks man!