Chicago IL, USA
Chainsaw Police wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

Does he post here?

He once told me that he hates chipmusic forums, and wouldn't listen to one of my tunes because it was uploaded to 8bc.

Sounds like an asshole.

Sydney, NSW

Also, I've been invited to play at a scene girl's 16th birthday party (she's a close mate of mine), and it's Pokemon-themed.

Watch this space, guys.

chunter wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

I've never had anyone actually say to me that I'm wasting time.

Must be doing it right, then. wink

Well thank you! big_smile

I'd like to think I'm doing it right, I'm doing it because it makes me happy and it makes me feel good about something I can do. It's the first form of music I've been able to accomplish what I actually wanted to do, and I think that people can tell that, so they realize that it's not a waste of time.

Austin, Texas
SadPanda wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

He once told me that he hates chipmusic forums, and wouldn't listen to one of my tunes because it was uploaded to 8bc.

Sounds like an asshole.

Welp.

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 24, 2012 1:34 pm)

Chicago IL, USA
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Also, I've been invited to play at a scene girl's 16th birthday party (she's a close mate of mine), and it's Pokemon-themed.

Watch this space, guys.

I miss being young enough to get with 16 year old scene girls sad

Austin, Texas

I can't miss what I never had. big_smile

…Oh, wait. sad

SadPanda wrote:
xylo wrote:

What did you put on?

I'm 90% sure it was Arcadecoma.

I just found this thread. Wow! Sorry SadPanda!!

Outer Space
SadPanda wrote:

I miss being young enough to get with 16 year old scene girls sad

This is the best quote ever. I love cm.o so much.

Playboy Man-Baby
arcadecoma. wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

I'm 90% sure it was Arcadecoma.

I just found this thread. Wow! Sorry SadPanda!!

arcadecoma. is pretty much the only chipmusic I ever tell people about (more than my own, as well). Friends of mine will attest to how little I shut up about you, sir.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Apr 24, 2014 5:06 am)

Playboy Man-Baby
Auxcide wrote:
The Laohu wrote:

2) "When you first pulled it out, I thought it was a gameboy." (Note: It was a gameboy)

I've gotten a lot of similar responses. Sometimes people even think my mini kp is a gameboy too.

During a busking session with friends, someone came up to me during my friend's set and said, "Is that an iphone, or an Android?" (as in one or the other)

Cool! Thank you IRH big_smile

France (au milieu)

As a new comer in the holy world of blips, I kind of passed through different phases while discovering the chiptune scene... actually looks like most of reactions that you guys already described:

-  1: holy sh*t ! I've never realised it was actually possible to get music out of a gameboy!! deliciously geek and vintage !! have to check this out!
-  2: funny thing, very impressive... just a pity that it always sounds like mario stuff...
-  3: who are these guys ? Zef ? Danimal Cannon ? jellica ? roboctopus ?... sounds like there is some huge work behind this... have to dig it more...
-  4: whow... this wave kick/bass is pure genius (core, from Zef)... I need more of these .sav
-  5: I need more...
-  6: I need more!!!

I've brought this to a few musican friends, most of them found it cool, but I felt they where actually more attracted by the ''game-boy-as-a-muscial-object'' than the music itself...

I guess it takes a bit of knowledge and .sav analyses to get the whole beauty of it... have also the impression that chip music is mostly made by chiptune fans for chiptune fans.

Bracknell, UK

For the limited number who've heard my bands demos so far they've enjoyed it. Got the usual questions:

1- How did you do that?!
2- Can you show me how it works? (To which I try explain whilst showing them LSDj and get blank faces, or they wander off halfway)
3- Is that a VST?

We are recording soon (actually starting this weekend wooooooo!) and sent the guy our demos, no mention of the Gameboys and C64 stuff other than "we have some electronics". His response was "Sounds very NES!", which wasn't such a bad response really! We then received a load of questions about how exactly we are wanting to record and how it works etc, which I guess we will show him on Saturday.

Other than that, looking forward to/dreading the overall response to our sound when we put stuff out properly for everyone to hear... Hopefully people will take to it and be interested, but we shall see...!

Personally I get asked when I am going to do more of my other music (which is singer/songwriter (hate that title) stuff), but to be honest chiptunin' is so much more FUN!

Gosford, Australia
EloiSing wrote:

Personally I get asked when I am going to do more of my other music (which is singer/songwriter (hate that title) stuff), but to be honest chiptunin' is so much more FUN!

do what i did and smash the two sides together in a barely congruous way! it's great!

Chainsaw Police wrote:

Watch this space, guys.

how'd it go?

France (au milieu)

do what i did and smash the two sides together in a barely congruous way! it's great!

I'm sure it is, do you have some stuff to listen to ?

nothing to do with current topic, but... do you guys have any exemple(s) of tunes/artists mixing gameboy and ukulele ?

I'm quite an active ukulele player (uke's world has a lot in common with chip) and i'd dream to add some LSDJ in my solo arrangements, but quite do not see yet how to start with this...

Last edited by Sesska (Apr 24, 2014 11:24 am)