i dont know

i know that i was not a nice boyfriend when i was young

but we all do stupid things when we are young

and when we are adults as well.

so maybe it is people that are stupid

i nominate for post of the year 2012 please continue to post on these forums

mainz, grmny.
xylo wrote:

I'll record some of your liveshit the 7th and let my mom hear what wonderful events I attent to in my weekends.

Fookyae.

Looking forward to this btw.

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm)

Holland
Stern Fucking Zeit wrote:
xylo wrote:

I'll record some of your liveshit the 7th and let my mom hear what wonderful events I attent to in my weekends.

Fookyae.

Looking forward to this btw.

Same, it's going to be awesome.

chipmusic is the "dad you don't understand Metallica" of the 20xx

Chicago IL, USA

My dad's still pissed I accidentally broke his Ride the Lightning CD 11 years ago.

Chicago
Telerophon wrote:
HANDGUN FANTASY wrote:

I think the problem with this guy isn't his chiptune, it's that he sounds like an asshole.

I didn't want to say, but uh, yeah.

Someone needs to more or less politely tell him that the reason he can't get laid isn't chiptune, and also he is making himself and his scene by association look stupid. Does he post here? Were he to hypothetically read this, my only real suggestion to him would be that he should be a lot more mindful of how he presents himself both as an individual and as a member of our community when doing something like making a documentary about himself or alienating half of his potential audience with a bathos-laden rant.

Hypothetical reader does post here.
I'm pretty sure that vid was more of a joke than anything.

Los Angeles, The Kingdrom

I usually get a primarily positive reaction to chiptunes (whether it be made by my project or others). My favorite reaction though is when I played my music for my little 8-year-old cousin from England, in which she replys,

"Say, that's pretty good... Do you make any real music?"

Burn! >.<

Last edited by 1000needles (Aug 22, 2012 1:55 am)

Austin, Texas
theghostservant wrote:

I'm pretty sure that vid was more of a joke than anything.

Oh… Ok, well, I guess without framing context it is easy to interpret it otherwise. My intent in earlier comments wasn't to be pointed or baselessly critical, as I have a lot of respect for everyone's hardships and efforts, yet the content of that video didn't strike me as light-hearted or humorous.

That said, best wishes and good luck to him as it relates to his music, his documentary, and his life.

Maine

worst reaction I've gotten:
"eww its weird"
my reaction:
*seriously? face*
best reaction I've gotten:
"Oh My Gosh THAT'S SO COOL"
my reaction:
*F*ck yea!*

Utah

At last night's show I had two good quotes:
1) "This is what it sounds like when nerds make cool music."
2) "When you first pulled it out, I thought it was a gameboy." (Note: It was a gameboy)

I've never had anyone actually say to me that I'm wasting time. Anyone that didn't like it basically said "it's awesome that you can do this...it not really my thing, but it's really impressive".

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
The Laohu wrote:

2) "When you first pulled it out, I thought it was a gameboy." (Note: It was a gameboy)

I've gotten a lot of similar responses. Sometimes people even think my mini kp is a gameboy too.

Matthew Joseph Payne

This thread is so weird to me. I never get anything but positive reactions and questions about how it works.

washington

"So, you wrote this?"
"Yeah."
"You need to get a job."

Brunswick, GA USA
Frostbyte wrote:

I've never had anyone actually say to me that I'm wasting time.

Must be doing it right, then. wink

Sydney, NSW
Telerophon wrote:

Does he post here?

He once told me that he hates chipmusic forums, and wouldn't listen to one of my tunes because it was uploaded to 8bc.