Austin, Texas

Choosing between Chipmusic and a girlfriend/boyfriend/gender-ambiguous friend who hates something that brings you pleasure in life really isn't that hard of a choice.

Chicago IL, USA

haha well it was when I was first getting into chiptune, and the first thing I ever showed her was arcadecoma, so every day I would play new stuff I downloaded that day and would be like "I promise this one is dope", and after about a week of that I showed her Bit Shifter's cover of "the world has turned and left me here" and Unicorn Dream Attack's "Jamie" and she started to appreciate. She likes a bunch of it now (not the simpler 1 gameboy stuff so much), so it's all good.

Point being, Bit Shifter and UDA bring people closer together.

Austin, Texas

That is also just a really good arrangement of "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here."

For the record, I am being silly. I do not suggest seriously dumping your partner over chiptunes, although if someone in your life really wants to make a big deal out of your creative and enriching hobby, it's probably a warning sign. neutral

Savannah, Georgia
Telerophon wrote:

I do not suggest seriously dumping your partner over chiptunes

Telerophon wrote:

dumping your partner over chiptunes

Telerophon wrote:

partner

chipmusicians can have those what

Last edited by Aeros (Aug 20, 2012 3:46 pm)

Austin, Texas

Apparently not!

Holland
SadPanda wrote:

"this is fucking annoying and boring and if you don't turn it off I'm breaking up with you"
-my girlfriend the first time I exposed her to chipt00nz

What did you put on?

Joliette, QC, Canada

What is a girlfriend ?! A miserable little pile of secr..(just got headshotted and sliced into pieces by tristendo !)

Chicago IL, USA
xylo wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

"this is fucking annoying and boring and if you don't turn it off I'm breaking up with you"
-my girlfriend the first time I exposed her to chipt00nz

What did you put on?

I'm 90% sure it was Arcadecoma.

Another one, I showed my dad a cover of "yoshimi battles the pink robots pt. 2" someone did on 8bc because he is a big Flaming Lips fan and I explained what the whole chiptune thing was/meant and his response was "sounds dumb".

Does anyone know by chance who did that cover though? it was rad and I don't have it on my computer anymore.

Austin, Texas

You should break up with your dad.

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA
Telerophon wrote:

Apparently not!

I think the problem with this guy isn't his chiptune, it's that he sounds like an asshole. Unless he's trying to be funny. In which case he sucks at humour too.

England

these girls sound shallow and mean and dont deserve nice boyfriends. my girlfriend listens to pop horror like rhianna and pink and kings of leon (or whatever the garish pop music TV channels have moved on to these days) but it doesnt mean that i am going to break up with her.

Last edited by Jellica (Aug 21, 2012 9:53 am)

Cambridge UK

1- Are these boyfriends actually nice?
2- Your girlfriend also listens to Adam Ant and David Bowie.

England

i dont know

i know that i was not a nice boyfriend when i was young

but we all do stupid things when we are young

and when we are adults as well.

so maybe it is people that are stupid

Last edited by Jellica (Aug 21, 2012 11:10 am)

Austin, Texas
HANDGUN FANTASY wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

Apparently not!

I think the problem with this guy isn't his chiptune, it's that he sounds like an asshole.

I didn't want to say, but uh, yeah.

Someone needs to more or less politely tell him that the reason he can't get laid isn't chiptune, and also he is making himself and his scene by association look stupid. Does he post here? Were he to hypothetically read this, my only real suggestion to him would be that he should be a lot more mindful of how he presents himself both as an individual and as a member of our community when doing something like making a documentary about himself or alienating half of his potential audience with a bathos-laden rant.

mainz, grmny.

Please someone play some SFZ in front of your parents + tell me what their reactions are.
Eheh.

Holland
Stern Fucking Zeit wrote:

Please someone play some SFZ in front of your parents + tell me what their reactions are.
Eheh.

I'll record some of your liveshit the 7th and let my mom hear what wonderful events I attent to in my weekends.