orange county, CA
Vile wrote:
DataFix wrote:

I'm currently looking for another locally to do that! Hahaha, thanks though man. smile

If you're really looking keep hitting up the local thrift stores. Almost daily, those things tend to go rather quickly once they've been put out. At least where I am they do. hmm  Another option, if you're not into buying one that's already modded from someone here, is to scan ebay regularly as well. I picked up a DMG and MGB for $10 with shipping once. Also got a huge box of accessories and 2 DMGs for about $25 with shipping included. The deals are there, just gotta keep checking. Get the ebay app if you've got a smart phone. Awesome way to kill time if you can't play with LSDJ. wink

Thanks! Looks like i'll be checking some thrift stores soon then. smile maybe even pawn shops?
Yeah i've looked a few times on ebay, got the app as well, but i'm gonna start checking it regularly to see what i can find. Thanks for the help! smile

Madison, Alabama
danimal cannon wrote:

Echo everything everybody said but I wanted to tell Roboctopus that I loved "Virga"

Hot damn.  It's like I have street cred.

I wonder what Dexter is doing right now.

on the real though your doing great..You still have lots of years for trial and error.

Last edited by shitbird (Feb 3, 2012 12:50 am)

Savannah, Georgia
DataFix wrote:
Jcomp wrote:

Are you using Prosound mod?

Nope, i have no mods at all.

go install a prosound.

NOW.
seriously, the difference between a prosounded gameboy versus one with a regular output is like night and day. not only does it make your sound output insanely higher, but it also makes the sound clear as crystal compared to that garbled crap they call the stock output jack. just. do it.

Abandoned on Fire
Aeros wrote:
DataFix wrote:

Nope, i have no mods at all.

go install a prosound.

NOW.
seriously, the difference between a prosounded gameboy versus one with a regular output is like night and day. not only does it make your sound output insanely higher, but it also makes the sound clear as crystal compared to that garbled crap they call the stock output jack. just. do it.

Meh.  Output mod on a dmg is highly overated and I feel unnecessary.  It helps on gbc but still not really necessary.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Oh goddamnit, here we go again. sad

buffalo, NY
egr wrote:
Aeros wrote:

go install a prosound.

NOW.

Meh.  Output mod on a dmg is highly overated and I feel unnecessary.  It helps on gbc but still not really necessary.

Respectfully disagree. But it's not like I'm a recording engineer, or the one time I used an unmodded the sound guy told me I had a lot of hum

Last edited by danimal cannon (Feb 4, 2012 5:58 pm)

Savannah, Georgia
egr wrote:

output mod on a DMG is actually very nice if you've ever used one. i actually run a prosound DMG - if you record from your DMG or play live a lot, it helps in the long run especially because it bypasses that horribly loud noise interference you get in the stock jack.

audiophilia is a curse

buffalo, NY

It's not even audiophile territory

orange county, CA

I use a GBC, not DMG. Buuut idk what i should do seeing this going back and fourth. o.O lolol.

Savannah, Georgia
DataFix wrote:

I use a GBC, not DMG. Buuut idk what i should do seeing this going back and fourth. o.O lolol.

whoooooooa good god man get a prosound NOW

Last edited by Aeros (Feb 4, 2012 6:18 pm)

Texas

Agreed. Look at this, too (not my thing, just providing info): Gameboy Sound Comparison

Wilmington,NC
HolyNegative0 wrote:

Agreed. Look at this, too (not my thing, just providing info): Gameboy Sound Comparison

This. Prosound is a good thing.

Madison, Alabama
egr wrote:
Aeros wrote:

go install a prosound.

NOW.

I sort of agree... most of my stuff has been recorded from a stock one. 

However, if you compose with the channel volumes pretty low to emphasize a nice clean wave kick (say, pulse instruments with envelopes in the 60s and below) the noise gets pretty noticeable.

Yuma, AZ

Sounds pretty rad, sir! Keep up the good work.

Rochester, NY

wow, a GBC?  Don't really have room to talk since we don't use any nintendo hardware but aren't they the worst thing to use unmodded?