orange county, CA

I'm a 16 year old chiptune musician from Corpus Christi, Texas who has gotten into the chip scene trying to get start off in the right place.
Generally just looking for tips, feedback and such. I write my music with LSDJ, and a gameboy color.

Here's an open mic from last night that i played, feedback would be nice please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CDBcy8U2QA

Feel free to give any tips, or any other kind of info in the comments.

Thanks guys!

Abandoned on Fire

Are you sure you're "new" to the chipscene?  Looks like you're doing purtty durn good so far.  wink

I really like your sound design and your sound in general.  I'll be keeping an eye out for more stuff!

orange county, CA

hahaha, indeed i am new to it, but i love it so much. always been a big fan, but never thought of writing it myself.

thanks alot man! indeed, more stuff will be on the way soon.

take care!

Rochester, NY

Seems you've got the right idea to me.

Keep on doing what you're doing

orange county, CA

awesome to hear! thanks man!
i certainly will. smile

Savannah, Georgia

so i'm not the only person in the "16-year-old dude messin' around with a gameboy" boat. started feeling lonely.

you can certainly work wonders on the WAV column. seemed a little repeditive and the main loop started getting pretty old, but you've got some talent for someone just getting into this. keep doing what you're doing, you'll get better in no time flat.

orange county, CA

rad! awesome to know there are other 16 year olds out there doing this as well!

gotcha, i can definitely see that. thanks for the tip man!
smile

Texas

I just realized that not everyone on this sight is a successful, adult, professional musician just because they make good music! big_smile

So glad to know I'm not that only teenager with a gameboy. *cries*

orange county, CA

hahaha, teenage gameboy musicians ftw.
*cries as well*
lololol.

California

Yeah, looks like you've already gotten a good handle on things.

BTW I'm also a teen chipster. 15 years old and I've been doing this stuff for a year now.

Last edited by VCMG (Feb 2, 2012 5:10 am)

orange county, CA

awesome, thanks man!
hahaha, so rad dude, i thought i was a little outcast doing this stuff by myself, haha, nice to know alot of teenagers are doing this.
so rad. smile

sweden

age is the most important thing.

hardcore, Australia

Who would've ever thought teens were doing chip?
It goes against everything I stand for.

México, DF.

i'm 12 and what is this

Stuttgart, DE

I used to be chiptune musician like you...

San Diego

You know what I think? I think you need a 2nd Gameboy for double DMG awesomeness! wink