Savannah, Georgia

something i've been working on out of pure boredom. i'd personally like to keep working on this, but i want to see what everyone thinks of it before continuing on it. any cc? tips? just feel like screaming at me for not being good at mastering yet?

Last edited by Aeros (Feb 5, 2012 12:30 am)

BOSTON

good sound man! now you just need to develop it. some lead lines and a bridge would probably help flesh it out a bit

Texas

I love it. Keep it up. 8D

Madison, Alabama

That's actually very promising sounding.  Mr. PR1MATE is right--it could use a bridge and (maybe) a lead line, but the sound is tight so far. 

Also, yay for Southern Chip!

Gosford, Australia

Reckon you could get that kick any louder (or make everything else quieter)? Maybe start the pitchbend higher up too, to get a more old-school psy kinda kick.

Liking the vibe and the riff though! Keep working at it for sure.

Savannah, Georgia
Victory Road wrote:

Reckon you could get that kick any louder (or make everything else quieter)? Maybe start the pitchbend higher up too, to get a more old-school psy kinda kick.

Liking the vibe and the riff though! Keep working at it for sure.

you're right, should get working on a louder kick for the WAV channel. that one was just a placeholder for me to add something with a bit more punch, anyways.

Germany/Florida

sounds great, the noise channel in the beginning is amazing, and I loved your use of the R command in it too. Did you make your own samples? It sounds like "are you ready to rage" nice stuff

orange county, CA

This souds awesome so far! I agree on making the kick louder. Keep at this man! smile

Savannah, Georgia
Tetrasaurus wrote:

sounds great, the noise channel in the beginning is amazing, and I loved your use of the R command in it too. Did you make your own samples? It sounds like "are you ready to rage" nice stuff

the noise channel never really changed, actually.
and those "samples" are just stock LSDJ speech programmed to say "ARE YOU RDY TO RAVE"

Savannah, Georgia

refined the speech sample, improved on the punchiness (and hopefully volume) of the kick, and started adding a new section. thinking up a bridge now. anything else?

edit: new WIP

Last edited by Aeros (Feb 5, 2012 2:15 am)

Godzilladelph

I dunno exactly if this is your thing, but I incorporated a lot of hardstyle jawns into this ep (particularly track 2, 3 and the bonus track) http://skgb.bandcamp.com/album/the-worst-music-ep

If you're running lsdjs, and you want a hard ass kick, try doubling up pulse and wav channels. Also, use P, V, and R commands in a table to do a really heavy pulse kick (what i used for the kicks on that ep)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAARDCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

Savannah, Georgia
SKGB wrote:

I dunno exactly if this is your thing, but I incorporated a lot of hardstyle jawns into this ep (particularly track 2, 3 and the bonus track) http://skgb.bandcamp.com/album/the-worst-music-ep

If you're running lsdjs, and you want a hard ass kick, try doubling up pulse and wav channels. Also, use P, V, and R commands in a table to do a really heavy pulse kick (what i used for the kicks on that ep)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAARDCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

unfortunately given the fact that the kicks are in time with the lead, i can't use EITHER pulse channels for sake of keeping the song intact. i'm stuck with the WAV and NOI columns at the moment.

Germany/Florida
Aeros wrote:
Tetrasaurus wrote:

and those "samples" are just stock LSDJ speech programmed to say "ARE YOU RDY TO RAVE"

Im talking about 0:39, pretty cool. And you were using the speech synthesis? I should start using that more

Savannah, Georgia
Tetrasaurus wrote:
Aeros wrote:

Im talking about 0:39, pretty cool. And you were using the speech synthesis? I should start using that more

speech synth is quite fun to use once you get used to how you're meant to sequence the words. i've made my gameboy scream expletives in robotic voices more than one time.

Savannah, Georgia

another new WIP - changed some instruments around, fixed up the speech a bit more, and jotted down some parts really quickly, none of it really final.

Westfield, NJ

nice work!