i was asking around on other forums for how to make that "unce unce unce unce unce" noise in 8bit with using famitracker.(like that techno clubbing bass sound)
and i got reffered to here.
so can anyone help me?
any and all assistance is apreciated.

A DPCM sample would be your best bet. Or a TRI kick. Look up various FTMs on 2a03.free.fr for some examples.

Last edited by Heosphoros (Feb 4, 2010 10:52 pm)

DE TRT

Heos is right. DPCM sample would be the best.
I usually use a 909 kick or 606.

Athens, Greece

pulse kick
use the fast pitch shift(you can use the dpcm drum preset)
and change the pulse width to something like 50%
instant gabba kick
better use the same kick in both pulse channels for a heavy sound

all this is if you don't want to use dpcm though

ohhhhhh. i thought about that.
but i didnt know if it would work.
cuz the sound im looking for is an actualy unce in 8bit form. lol.
if i use a sample. will it make it sound 8bit? or will it leave it as the regular sample?

DE TRT

it'll make the quality worse. so i'm guessing that's 8-bit.
or 16. not sure.

though Tri & pulse kicks are good too, just a waste of composition space imo.
I've never successfully made a good heavy pulse kick before though. hmm

philly

(move to NES forum?)

The samples are 1-bit. Also you can do a pretty good job of sneaking triangle kick hits between other triangle melodies, so I wouldn't consider it a waste of space at all. If anything, it's a better use of space! wink

IL, US

"unce" as a sound isnt just the kick drum, the kick is just the "UN" part, stil needs the "CE" (or "tssss")

If you want some heavy as shit kicks go for DPCM. It all depends on the samples you're using. Find some cheesy trance kicks or take a hard hitting 909 kick.

uhajdafdfdfa

Do DPCM and triangle at the same time. Then you still have room to do an octave bass and super-fast square wave melody in the pulse channels, and an open hi-hat between kick drums (and possibly even a snare to do the backbeat too) in the noise channel. Untz untz untz untz.

PR-Brasil

Iusually use Dpcm + noise channel.   
Sometimes i use triangle, but i donĀ“t like it so much.

STARDRAIN, CA

this is gay. i want an awesome kick in ONE channel that's NOT a sample. why is it that a gameboy is MORE capable than an NES? this must be wrong. and i am confuse on how to get that gabba kick in pulse.. I WANT TO DO THAT BUT ITS NOT WORKING!!! i like fami in theory, but i cant get a good kick yet.. please help sad

Brunswick, GA USA

How about an example of the kick you have (and don't like?)

Steal samples from Henry Homesweet's "OkiiRobo_Navigation_System".

OR

Use an additional FDS channel to create a sine or tri kick as it is louder than the other channels.

Nomad's Land

@skull  if you want a large variety of br00tal kickz that take up only one channel you should get an atari st. trust me.

@je mapelle that's not really necessary - if the sine is too quiet then just lower the volume of your other instruments wink

California

Triangke channel use octive 4
square channel use octive 2
--------------------------

vo - 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 0
ar - X
pi - X
hi - 0 | 8 11
du- 2