Louisiana

deleted me...lol

Last edited by Vex (Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm)

Czech republic
Trading Post Rules wrote:

Indicate prices on items you are selling.

And also decide whether you want to sell it.

Louisiana
ashimoke wrote:

Indicate prices on items you are selling.

And also decide whether you want to sell it.

Oh yay..you're one of those guys. I think this is a reasonable post. Yes it's true I'm not sure I want to sell it. But I'm not auctioning it off either. I'd put this in "General Discussion" but it didn't seem like the appropriate place.

I'm not exactly sure I want to sell it which is why I'm not putting a price and I'm asking people to leave comments on price estimates they would pay if they were to buy this. If they happen to be interested in purchasing this one in particular, I ask them to let me know and I may contact them at a later date to see if they are still interested in buying it.

This is strictly a "hey look a this thing, how much would you be willing to pay for it?", "Oh youre actually interested in this one?", "cool, i'll let you know if I decide to let it go"

If I do decide to sell it before anyone says anything I will remove this post and add it to my FOR SALE post. But as of now I am not 100% sure i want to let it go so here this post will stay.

I feel that rule pertains to people trying to "auction" their stuff which I am not doing. I am just trying to get a price estimate to help me decide if I want to sell it which I think is reasonable enough.

If an admin has an issue with this post they can delete if they want to. I feel I am doing nothing wrong here by asking price suggestions, with the possibility of selling.

Now sir, do you have a price estimate? If not, please do not flame this post.

Last edited by Vex (Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am)

East Kilbride, Scotland
Vex wrote:

He isn't flaming, he's simply telling you to follow the rules of the board.

Louisiana
Sycamore Drive wrote:
Vex wrote:

He isn't flaming, he's simply telling you to follow the rules of the board.

I was pre-anticipating a flame war. And may have prevented it with above comment. However this is the full rule posted under the same bullet in the set of rules for trading.

"- Indicate prices on items you are selling.  If you are trying to auction it off put it on ebay and put a link to the sale here."

As previously said I am NOT trying to auction this gameboy off I am simply trying to get a price quote/ estimate, therefore I feel I am not breaking this rule. I have read all of the rules for posting and am quite familiar with them. As it is there is NO place to post a "might be up for sale eventually" or a "price check" Forum page that I am aware of, I chose to put it here. Why is this such a problem? I'm not a dick or a mean guy I'm actually quite a laid back nice guy, but this is driving me nuts. Why not accept the post for what it is and give me some price estimates? If not leave the post alone because obviously it doesn't pertain to you.

Also as said previously, IF/when I decide to sell it, this post will be removed and added to my FOR SALE post I have. As it is not for sale at the moment I do not want it in my FOR SALE post. Is this not reasonable?

Sorry if I come across as a dick or something for this but I honestly don't feel I'm in the wrong here. And also stated previously an admin can correct me if they feel I am in the wrong. Though now it may just be removed because of the problem it seems to be causing because people aren't understanding "Price check on aisle seven".

Last edited by Vex (Feb 17, 2012 11:47 am)

Texas

Not that.I have the money, but I'd be willing to pay at least $120 bucks for this, at least. Probably more if was actually going to buy it. That's a smoking peice of handiwork.

Louisiana
HolyNegative0 wrote:

Not that.I have the money, but I'd be willing to pay at least $120 bucks for this, at least. Probably more if was actually going to buy it. That's a smoking peice of handiwork.

Thanks man, yea that sounds about right to me too. I put about 95$ into for the mods if memory serves me right. And I think about 20$ for the case and the buttons I took from a NES controller which sadly no longer works. And i was thinking maybe $20+ for the paint job for the time spent on it. I was thinking around $130-$170 would be about worth it. Thanks again for the comment. Nice to know I'm not to far off guestimation wise.

England

With all respect, I fear bending the rules here may set a bad precedent.

Sweeeeeeden

Closerized!