Planet Zaxxon

tee hee.. thanks for the mentionings...

BUT, how about some performers that play an instrument live, that tear it up??? For example, Cheap dinosaurs or Animal Style....... hmmmmm

IL, US

oh, probably best for everyone to stick to artists theyve personally seen live, just saying, its not the same seeing video

Camden, London

who was it at the Stevens gig that got almost naked? it was last year in shoreditch in the converted public toilet venue...

Newcastle, UK

Syphus has always been great live. Rocking that keytar and the electric violin.

New York City

I thought this thread was abouut live PERFORMERS, not just what sounds cool in a liveset.
Under that light, I make another suggestion

BODENSTANDIG 2000

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 5, 2010 10:37 pm)

Camden, London
tehforsterer wrote:

Syphus has always been great live. Rocking that keytar and the electric violin.

oh god yeah good point!

Finland

BSK was quite a live performer, you could actually see that he was really into what he was doing and that is one of the greatest thing live performer can do.  I've had honour to see many great chipmusic gigs because of our clubnight so it's hard to say anything else. If the performer is confident on what he/she is doing and looks to be enjoying it without giving a shit what everybody else thinks (BUT still "tuning in" with the crowd), then most of the time I really dig it. And that goes to pretty much everybody who's played on Lisäelämä:)

Not chipmusic but best electronic act I've ever seen gigwise is probably Imatran Voima, their sets always had this sense of just about to fucking it up / aggressive speaks / playing drunk as fuck and STILL giving a whoop ass show with awesome sound.

London, UK

KGHB are amazing live, a very 'visual' performance with lots of crowd interaction and sense of humour.

Portalenz are my absolute fave, no-one can mix gameboy tracks as well as those guys, it's very interesting to watch but also as chip disco goes, the energy and music is what this scene is all about for me.

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Feb 5, 2010 11:18 pm)

Newcastle, UK

About a year ago I saw BSK, gwEm/Counter Reset, Jellica and Cerebral Scars play a gig at a tiny pub in Newcastle, was absolutely off the hook big_smile
Really love seeing CS live, seeing what new intense sounds he's managed to spawn with his NL and KP3, absolute beast.
gwEm and Counter Reset are great to watch too, rockin' the guitar alongside the DS and drum machine.
And of course, BSK is just a total nutjob once the gameboy's switched on, mad love big_smile
Also, Jellica had this crazy box thing he kept screaming into, which then echoed what he'd said and glitched it out and stuff, which made for good crowd interaction. (At least, between him and Calmdownkidder ;D)

Brilliant gig, one of the most interesting chip shows I've been to.

Philly, PA, USA

minusbaby, it's not like a show, but damn it's amazing.

oh instruments, how about.... cheap dinosaurs, that shit's fun, whether it's just dino or the whole band.

Last edited by pixls (Feb 6, 2010 1:10 am)

57 wrote:

who was it at the Stevens gig that got almost naked? it was last year in shoreditch in the converted public toilet venue...

That would have been me, for better or worse...

Planet Zaxxon
akira^8GB wrote:

I thought this thread was about live PERFORMERS, not just what sounds cool in a liveset.
Under that light, I make another suggestion

BODENSTANDIG 2000

yes I was kinda meaning that...  smile

FERNDALE, MI, USA

lissajou has the best dance moves ever.

yatagarasu is just plain bonkers live as well, intense beyond measure.

IL, US

yeah, 2nding yatagarasu, was coming back to add it if no one else had yet

New York City

DJ Scotch Egg is another one you want to see.

Melbourne, Australia

cTrix.