Central-ish VA
e.s.c. wrote:

yeah, 2nding yatagarasu, was coming back to add it if no one else had yet

These guys are crazy, I played with them during their "Take Control" tour and really got a new appreciation for what the word "thrash" means.  A bunch of my friends came to see me perform and I ended up going after Yatagarasu.  Basically, they were all freaked the heck out.  Yatagarasu has such a stage presence, something between the shouting a bunch, the noise, and the jumping around inside the audience while performing, truly a unique experience.

Hope they come back sometime, haha.

Last edited by Beverage (Feb 6, 2010 5:42 am)

Brooklyn NY US
octavialsilver wrote:

lissajou

Philly/NY
DaPantz wrote:

goferboy.

/thread.

Athens, Greece

i'd say sonic death rabbit but i haven't seen them play

probably dj scheisse from micropupazzo(i bet they're double awesome together though) or irrlicht project

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
godinpants wrote:

10k.

How often do you see a chip musician stage dive?

While I am amazing live - lots of chipdudes stagedive. Pretty well everyone at blip stage dives. Haha. However, the thing I'd like to point out about this photo is that I wasn't really diving onto a crowd, but onto Fenris an Celsius almost exclusively who fell to the ground and then i was shove to the ground myself. Good times. Great classic chips.

/hijack

I think that Dot.AY is a great live performer. Emergency x2 (while not strictly the MOST chip) puts on some serious shows! Energywise, cTrix is a king. The best atmosphere I have ever felt at a
chipshow came from little-scale.

Cambridge UK
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

cTrix.

HEAPS.

NSW, Australia

10k.

Los Angeles, CA

Virt.

Camden, London
Stevens wrote:
57 wrote:

who was it at the Stevens gig that got almost naked? it was last year in shoreditch in the converted public toilet venue...

That would have been me, for better or worse...

aaaah nice. Met Shirobon last night, he said he remembered it too

astral cat

nordloef sounds great live, awesome DJing skills with them gameboys and he rocks out, retroboytimo seemed to get the crowd going well when i played with him!

Planet Zaxxon
Wizwars wrote:

Virt.

Id love to see virt rip it live.... but he rarely performs it seems....

SEATTLE, WA

The most talented chiptune artist ive seen would have to be syphus.

However, some of the most entertaining performances ive seen were greatly helped with the addition live visuals, a venue with nice sound system / stage lighting, and having a really fun energetic crowd. Something everyone should shoot for when planning a show.

Yeah, but 10k, do most chipmusicians promote violent moshing at Sunday afternoon gigs?

BOSTON

carl knows this, but many of you may not. i give you active knowledge:

active knowledge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VQGet_VA-4

http://www.youtube.com/boston8bit#p/a/f/0/VWA4QuCOqNQ

insane dance songs- check; glitchnes visuals- check; space helmet- check; WTF DRUNKEN INSANITY- double check.

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Feb 8, 2010 9:56 am)

London, UK
akira^8GB wrote:

DJ Scotch Egg is another one you want to see.

becuase he goes beyond the chip scene, seeing him at a gabba/breakcore night it's refreshing to see someone doing it through a different medium.

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Feb 8, 2010 1:28 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

10k, he tackled Derris-Kharlan to the ground during his set, then everyone kicked him. Numerous times.