Unsubscribe

ROMper stomper.

southampton, uk

henry homesweet

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

If i had to judge a phenomenal performer based on the ability to press start and freak out on stage.. i'd say myself.. i mean who doesn't like
seeing a fat guy attempt to move quickly? Am I right? lulz

now if you want people who actually play music.. Balun.. hands down. Syphus is another, J Arthur Keenes, etc, etc.

I keep seeing people listing all these artists that are, in fact amazing, yes, but they dont actually perform anything... if
triggering sequences, and tweaking effects is performing then the definition of a musical performance has changed.

Melbourne, Australia

Yes, this is Phenomenal LIVE PERFORMERS, not artists who make phenomenal music.

Melbourne, Australia

Also, 10k. That dude is fucking awesome.

I can still feel the pain.

Last edited by Derris-Kharlan (Feb 9, 2010 3:57 am)

Plano, TX

STARPAUSE!
STARPAUSE!
STARPAUSE!

lolusa

Give me a 40 and a basement

So I don't look like a dick:
Failotron
Eat Rabbit
Saskrotch
McFiredrill
Duke Midnight
Trash80

Then again that night where Sabrepulse, Fighterx/spamtron, KGHB, Kkrusty, McFiredrill, and I were all in a basement Olympia was by far one of the best shows ever.

Last edited by ovenrake (Feb 9, 2010 4:51 am)

FERNDALE, MI, USA
ovenrake wrote:

Give me a 40 and a basement

ok. . . . .

GO!

Melbtown, Lolstralia

10k heart

And Low-Gain to say that the definition of musical performance hasn't changed is quite naive.. I don't think performances need to have someone physically playing music on an instrument to be classified as good.

a lot of the artists mentioned (Meneo etc) are amazing because of the performance and show they deliver beyond just twiddling knobs and triggering sequences.. I personally prefer a good electronic music performance over someone just playing instruments over the top of a sequence.

artist not mentioned yet and not entirely chip:
Blastcorp (uses a Monome256 like a god)

Tonylight at Pulsewave in '08 was probably one of the most intense chip performances I've heard/seen to date.

Planet Zaxxon
Dot.AY wrote:

10k heart

I don't think performances need to have someone physically playing music on an instrument to be classified as good.

well actually that was I was getting at though.. I guess I should have specified but didnt want to sound like a dummie face.... I wanted to gain some knowledge of others who play instruments live with their music, or sing, etc. Preferably, in this genre.  I just really want to see more of that these days.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

haha whoops

now look who sounds like a dummy face
<----------- that guy

Marseille

Meneo

Sheffield, UK

me. i shout drunk s**t

Roanoke, VA
OxygenStar wrote:

..how about some performers that play an instrument live, that tear it up???

Holy Fuck( <-- actually a band-name)  They are absolutely ridiculous live.  Four members: drums, bass, and two on various toys/loops/pedals.  Probably one of my favorite touring acts currently.

Last edited by orgwell (Feb 10, 2010 5:02 am)

FERNDALE, MI, USA
orgwell wrote:
OxygenStar wrote:

..how about some performers that play an instrument live, that tear it up???

Holy Fuck( <-- actually a band-name)  They are absolutely ridiculous live.  Four members: drums, bass, and two on various toys/loops/pedals.  Probably one of my favorite touring acts currently.

saw them when they opened for m.i.a. they are excellent live! they use a TON of bent casios in their set up. super lo-fi, super awesome.