Chicago IL
nickmaynard wrote:

the midines is cool but i think an arduinoboy controlling mgb (or lsdj) + some sort of drum machine is much cooler.

why is it cooler

Unsubscribe

mgb is better in the sense that you can store the patches on the cart, so its way easier to play/seqeunce. Now if it only had tables!

IL, US

ive had little trouble using midines live once i got used to the quirks...works great as a partner with piggy tracker

rochester, ny
Saskrotch wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

the midines is cool but i think an arduinoboy controlling mgb (or lsdj) + some sort of drum machine is much cooler.

why is it cooler

'cooler' is probably the wrong word. mgb is capable of a lot more than the midines (stereo effects, wav channel stuff, polyphony mode). plus, an arduinoboy + a gameboy is so much cheaper than a midines cartridge and a nintendo. so yeah, better program, cheaper, consistently updated, etc.

Melbourne, Australia
herr_prof wrote:

He is still fufilling orders, but its sorta of a crapshoot. You might be better off waiting for fami, or getting a copy of MGB.

I'm about to reach my 5 year anniversary since I ordered mine. What is the traditional 5 year anniversary gift for a scammer? Paper? A punch in the face?

IL, US

i think i like the nes noise channel better than the dmg noise... havent fucked with mgb enough to say much more though, fell in love with midines before i really got into it and havent gotten back to it after about 3 years

Chicago IL
celsius wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

He is still fufilling orders, but its sorta of a crapshoot. You might be better off waiting for fami, or getting a copy of MGB.

I'm about to reach my 5 year anniversary since I ordered mine. What is the traditional 5 year anniversary gift for a scammer? Paper? A punch in the face?

5th year is wood, so use a baseball bat

Philly, PA, USA

re: mGB, you should be able to use that now with just a link cable and oliver's new usb adaptor.

I don't really know much about it but before making any decisions i'd see how that works out, because gameboy+mGB+7 eur (~$10) adaptor+$3 cable? way cheaper than either the midines or the arduinoboy

Last edited by pixls (Feb 21, 2012 2:54 am)

Milwaukee, WI

I think the FaMI referenced is this guy: http://code.google.com/p/nesserial/.
It's awesome + expansion chips!

Also, when NESA with the passive mixer is ready, I'll buy immediately. smile

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i was lucky to get one for a decent price from a friend before he moved, and didnt care too much for chip music anymore.  I know ive seen them on ebay every now and again as well.  If you really want it i would just lurk forums until someone doesnt want theirs

edit:  and i would want to support the website but i wouldnt be caught ordering one.

Last edited by DJCactus (Feb 21, 2012 7:02 am)

Unsubscribe

ok this is kinda cool https://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=397627#p397627

Joliette, QC, Canada
herr_prof wrote:

ok this is kinda cool https://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=397627#p397627

holy shiet !
Looks rad !

Hi, its still available, but its only shipping to USA. The shipping time does vary, but I've been trying to catch up on orders last month / this month.

Melbourne, Australia
x|k wrote:

Hi, its still available, but its only shipping to USA. The shipping time does vary, but I've been trying to catch up on orders last month / this month.

So you reckon you'd be able to acually send mine to me or what? Give me a refund? You know, either way.

Texas
Theta_Frost wrote:

I think the FaMI referenced is this guy: http://code.google.com/p/nesserial/.
It's awesome + expansion chips!

Also, when NESA with the passive mixer is ready, I'll buy immediately. smile

Yeah I need to get on that smile My ArduinoBoy Sheild board should be in the mail right now so I was going to focus on that first. You should probably remind me every so often if you don't hear any rumblings about it.

I'm going to be doing some workshops here locally on chiptunes and stuff so I'd like to have the passive mixer design done then. Either way, I'll be happy to share the design once it's done!

celsius wrote:
x|k wrote:

So you reckon you'd be able to acually send mine to me or what? Give me a refund? You know, either way.

Yes, anyone that still hasn't received their order can mail me at contact at chriskann.com and I'll try to get it out asap.