Minnesota

i ordered a midines over 2 years ago and never got it, i have the receipt and everything and have sent several emails. but still no midines or refund.
it looks like a great product but wayfar ripped me off and i will steer anyone away if possible.

My understanding is that wayfar started selling Midines carts on the side on eBay while there were still tons of people backordered from his site, pretty shady.

Texas

ChipMaestro FTW hopefully. Honestly though all I really need/want is a MIDI sync and an NSF player. BOOM!

whats the status on chip maestro? wish I hadn't missed his kickstarter awhile back

Texas

He sent out a small update yesterday. Not much news in there but it sounds like the code is pretty well solid at this point.

I, too, missed out on the Kickstarter, but he did say he will likely sell more after the completion of Kickstarter, so you can still likely get your hands on one.

least hes coming through, midines had its time but idk what happened with wayfar

Unsubscribe

So hes taken  year since receiving money, and found the time to travel for an event in new york without actually shipping anything? Sounds like has has indeed replaced wayfar.

Milwaukee, WI

Guyssss, forget chip maestro.  FaMI is where it's at!  Seriously, support Batsly.  Use this more.

http://code.google.com/p/nesserial/wiki/FaMI

Tacoma WA
m00dawg wrote:

He sent out a small update yesterday. Not much news in there but it sounds like the code is pretty well solid at this point.

I, too, missed out on the Kickstarter, but he did say he will likely sell more after the completion of Kickstarter, so you can still likely get your hands on one.

from the update

I learned that when you order boards from a circuit board manufacturer, they are not guaranteed to give you 100% perfect boards

umm what?

Texas
herr_prof wrote:

So hes taken  year since receiving money, and found the time to travel for an event in new york without actually shipping anything? Sounds like has has indeed replaced wayfar.

That's a tad unfair I think.

shanghai

i dont care what the dude has or currently is doing for the 'community'. Sounds like a shady mo' fo' to me. Like yeah shoot me an email if you ordered 3 years ago, if i kind of know you, or you know people that i know, have a familiar name in the chipmusic realm then i ll send your shit.  but if you're some dude ive never heard of i ll just take your money and ignore you. I mean jesus. The guy is developing midines 2 ? Thats a fucking joke when he hasn't even sent out all the midines 1's that he already took money for. Anyone that orders one or supports this guy in any way is deluded. To me even if he fulfilled all the backorders i still would never ever order from a clown like this. Boo hoo i never went to college blah blah, everyone has problems dude, no one is too busy to send out a group email detailing there is gonna be a big delay in my opinion, he just doesn't really give a shit.  Or if he does give a shit, he has no idea what the word 'professionalism' means.

Texas
infradead wrote:

I learned that when you order boards from a circuit board manufacturer, they are not guaranteed to give you 100% perfect boards

umm what?

I've looked at getting boards fabbed directly a fab-houses (such as 4pcb) and they do charge an extra fee to test the boards. Or did the last I checked, anyway.

I think this thread as long since been a bit vicious - I'm just not sure it's fair to direct it at the Chip Maestro just yet. He at least provided an update to what's going on. Could have just taken his money and spent it on cocaine and hookers.

Unsubscribe
m00dawg wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Yea maybe! PROVE ME WRONG CHIP MAESTRO!

Texas
herr_prof wrote:
m00dawg wrote:

Yea maybe! PROVE ME WRONG CHIP MAESTRO!

That's more the spirit!

Tacoma WA
m00dawg wrote:
infradead wrote:

umm what?

I've looked at getting boards fabbed directly a fab-houses (such as 4pcb) and they do charge an extra fee to test the boards. Or did the last I checked, anyway.

I think this thread as long since been a bit vicious - I'm just not sure it's fair to direct it at the Chip Maestro just yet. He at least provided an update to what's going on. Could have just taken his money and spent it on cocaine and hookers.

everyone i know who has boards made pays to have them tested.  if you're professional you pay for a professional product.

then again they are making synth modules to sell as their main business so i guess they have a level of perfectionism that shouldn't be expected of someone who is taking money up front to make a product as they spend their own money to have them made to before they can sell them.

honestly thats a big problem with kickstarter, thereve been other projects where the dudes bailed bigtime after they got the cash and theres no real balance for kickstarter to help them