nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
akira^8GB wrote:
10k wrote:

Hey dude,

I totally understand this gripe. It should be mentioned though that this website is the internet-arm of a subscriber only industry rag. Without some kind of yank back towards the "industry" the article (which already is a stretch for the publication) would have been a bit too far from cannon.

I understand that Tom.
Just makes me a bit sad that is our "yank" hmm

It was better than going for the we-cover-real-artists-and-release-compilations-of-them-for-novelty-value angle... haha.

New York City
10k wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I understand that Tom.

It was better than going for the we-cover-real-artists-and-release-compilations-of-them-for-novelty-value angle... haha.

Damn, BURN! big_smile

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
akira^8GB wrote:
10k wrote:

Damn, BURN! big_smile

I love chip covers compos, btw. It is just a shitty angle for an article. Haha.

BOSTON
10k wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

I understand that Tom.

oooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiit

buffalo, NY

HAHAHA that is the quote of the year so far

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

That's not what I was going for. I fucking LOVE me some chip covers. DAMNIT.

[insert Justin Beiber cover here]

Milwaukee, WI

Well put!  Easily the most concise thing I can point friends to.

hardcore, Australia
10k wrote:

That's not what I was going for. I fucking LOVE me some chip covers. DAMNIT.

In b4 a hardcore band covers leaving home on real instruments and it comes full circle.

Unsubscribe

damn so no one wants in my my pacman fever tribute?

Melbtown, Lolstralia

whats going on in here? I was too busy writing another Chip cover with Amanda Palmer for novelty / gimmick / fame

jks

great article

buffalo, NY

So skrillex tribute album anyone?  We're only allowed to cover one song

vancouver, canada

enjoyed the read tom, one thing i wish more chip-related articles did more was to focus on the activity and trends in the global scene.

i find that most articles/interviews/videos that cover a particular chip show or act make it look like a total anomaly, like "oh look some kids thought it was terribly clever to put on this novelty of a show, it's probably just an isolated incident that will never happen again."

by making people more aware off the bat that there's a loose infrastructure of communities in place that fuels the making and sharing of chipmusic, it helps paint a better picture of the creative and social payoffs of being interested in it. 

the average joe probably still thinks chiptune musicians have nothing to benefit from their apparent tech fetish.  like they'll only ever twiddle with sound chips, isolated in their bedroom, and that's it.

Last edited by bryface (Feb 28, 2012 7:09 am)

*removed early morning whining*

Last edited by 4mat (Feb 28, 2012 10:40 am)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
4mat wrote:

Alright mate, what did I get wrong?

10k wrote:
4mat wrote:

Alright mate, what did I get wrong?

oh it wasn't about the article. smile