Skrillex has more than one song?

Rock 'n' Roll!

Brazil

Cool article, bro.

seriously

Brazil

BTW: http://boingboing.net/2012/02/28/the-en … story.html

BOSTON

Ughhh. This article proves 10k's point quote well. Why is it that so-called "nerd culture" journlists cant seem to tell the difference between chiptune (as a creative genre) and ocremix type stuff? There is hardly any "mario at a dance party" chiptune. But it doesnt help that the only comment talking about legitimate chiptune artists is referencing daft punk covers -_______-

Its like there are only two public impressions of chipmusic and they are both completely wrong somehow. There isnt really anybody in the scene that fits either of these...

Its definitely becoming more of a problem, because as media exposure grows, i feel like the people who would really enjoy our genre would be totally turned off by how it is being presented. And dont even get me started on the people who WOULD like the description.

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Feb 28, 2012 7:08 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

and many of you in geeky indiedom make the same mistake

Costa Mesa

This article makes my brain cry. Is this a real journalist?

Brazil

Still people keeps doing cover compilations to try to take the attention of the masses, but complain when these same masses don't understand what you do.

C'mon, you guys are better than this.

Also, I can't understand the complain, the guy actually say that this ISN'T NEW. Which is true. It didn't even say about Mario at the Rave!

I can't watch the video to see if it's some kind of irony or whatever, btw.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm)

vancouver, canada

http://www.cbc.ca/cinqasix/music/2012/0 … at-a-rave/

cough

The Central Coast, Australia
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

Mario at the Rave!

I don't really remember anyone complaining when this guy showed up at Blip AU...

Brooklyn NY US

"Chipmusic -- it's kind of like Mario at a Blip Festival"

Unsubscribe

Ive said this before but there are three temples of chip. People who think the sounds are whack but the songs are perfect (ocremix), that the sounds are awesome but the songs annoying (modern chip dudes) and that both are perfect and must never change (famicompo covers section big_smile)

I hate hearing shitty vst redux of ffII soundtrack as much as you, but having them mentioned in the same breath isn't so outrageous.

Abandoned on Fire

modern chip dudes FTW