Los Angeles

Hi Everyone,

Just thought we'd let you know about a new art exhibit at the Smithsonian American Art Museum (SAAM) in Washington, D.C. opening March 16th. "The Art of Video Games" will explore the 40-year evolution of video games as an artistic medium (graphics/music/production art/etc). We (8 Bit Weapon & Michelle's solo project ComputeHer) were asked to provide some chipmusic to be used as a soundtrack at the entrance to the exhibition. The exhibit will be at SAAM for 6 months, the it will tour for another 5 years around the country. We'll also be performing at the grand opening if you wanna come out and party in D.C. us!

Here is the official "The Art of Video Games" Press Release: http://americanart.si.edu/pr/library/20 … elease.pdf

Please visit the Smithsonian American Art Museum’s website for information about "The Art of Video Games" exhibition: http://americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/a … 012/games/

We hope to see you there!

Seth & Michelle smile smile

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Mar 1, 2012 1:33 am)

BOSTON

BAD ASS

matt's mind

oh wow.  amazing!  nice work!

Matthew Joseph Payne

Congrats again on nabbing this gig, and thanks for representing our community with such class! smile

Los Angeles

Thank you! We think it's a good fit as they are focusing on the artistic assets of each game and not the game itself. smile

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Mar 5, 2012 1:49 pm)

Godzilladelph

hell yeah! congrats!

Louisiana

Holy crap! If they came and asked me for that honor I would've peed in my paints lol. This is amazing man. The fact that it's being recognized in the Smithsonian is a huge deal. And chipmusic actually being played on the steps of the Smithsonian is mind blowing. This may be the beginning of chipmusic actually gaining a lot of respect and help people understand what it really is.

Washington DC

Damn I think I'm still gonna be in nyc when this happens.

1. that is superbly awesome! hope it's a lot of fun for you guys smile thank you!

and 2. Vex, you would have peed in your paints? Well that's counter productive...you'd need new paint!

Louisiana
Frostbyte wrote:

1. that is superbly awesome! hope it's a lot of fun for you guys smile thank you!

and 2. Vex, you would have peed in your paints? Well that's counter productive...you'd need new paint!

I'd need new paint? Are you implying my penis is painted on? I am highly offended by this assumption. That little thing I have in there is real, I guarantee it sir!

Unsubscribe

Congrats to you guys, a huge honor!

Los Angeles, California

Thank you everyone!  Here is a link to the trailer for the exhibit.  ~Michelle :]