Seattle, WA

im thinking of getting this right in the middle of my back just under my shoulder blades

thoughts?

New York City
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

Post it somewhere else.

astral cat
akira^8GB wrote:
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

Post it somewhere else.

hahahaha true tongue

East Kilbride, Scotland
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

What is it and why should we care? What does this symbol actually mean to you?

If you don't have any good answers to these questions, don't get a tattoo.

Los Angeles
yuh wrote:

im thinking of getting this right in the middle of my back just under my shoulder blades

thoughts?

Sit on it for a few years. Tattoos last a lifetime.

Unsubscribe

spend it on this instead http://www.audiodamage.com/instruments/ … ?pid=AD024

Philly/NY

I suggest this:

(You all knew it was coming, anyway)

Last edited by enso (Feb 6, 2010 8:13 pm)

Seattle, WA

changed my mind

going with this

enso wrote:

I suggest this:

(You all knew it was coming, anyway)

Last edited by yuh (Feb 6, 2010 9:01 pm)

London, UK

if it means enough to have it on you for the rest of your life, go for it.

akira^8GB wrote:
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

Post it somewhere else.

way to go with that community spirit! Is there no room for discussion on our lives outside of music here?

Sheffield, UK
Sabrepulse wrote:

if it means enough to have it on you for the rest of your life, go for it.

akira^8GB wrote:

Post it somewhere else.

way to go with that community spirit! Is there no room for discussion on our lives outside of music here?

agreed!

lighten up guys! big_smile

Cambridge UK

Also, one thing to consider before getting a tattoo on the middle of your back : you cannot care for it yourself. You will need someone to clean it and apply ointment on it at least 2 times a day. For 10 to 15 days. You cannot expose a healing tattoo to hot water much : it makes the healing skin roll off, taking away the ink with it. That makes showering quite the daunting task. Usually, for all those reasons, back tattoos need many touch ups, and you have to wait a few months between those. And go through the healing process every time. Basically, a 2 year long project...and after 4-5 year tattoos need touch-ups again. That's why I never got back tattoos.

Cambridge UK

Other things to consider : you'll be staining every t-shirt you'll be wearing for the first 3 to 5 days. And when you'll take them off it will hurt like a bitch. Usually you're not supposed to cover tattoos with any sort of clothing, if you want it to heal nice, and they need to always be covered in ointment. You'll be living with greasy shirts glued to your back for 2 weeks. And you WILL need touch-us, believe me.

All that from a girl who managed to heal all of her tattoos real nice while her tattoo-artist would say "there's no way tattoos on your feet/ between fingers will stick"

Eugene, OR

It's a cool design.  It seems kind of tall/narrow to have on your back...  What does it mean?  Will this be your first tattoo?  Definitely listen to George's advice.  She knows what she's talking about.

Tokyo, Japan
trash80 wrote:
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

Sit on it for a few years. Tattoos last a lifetime.

I concur with this advice. In general, if someone asks a specific question when im talking to them about a tattoo like "which shade of brown will make these green leaves stand out more?" then thats great but the kind of "should I get this tattoo?" or "what do you think of this design?" style questions usually indicate the customer needs to go home and think about the design for a bit longer. Basically, if you need other peoples opinion on whether to get a given design or not, you probably would be better advised not to get it until you are sure. Any good artist should tell you the same.

MA
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

Isn't that what they call a "Tramp Stamp"? hahaha get it dude! Go for it! lol

Seattle, WA
Turtle413 wrote:
yuh wrote:

thoughts?

Isn't that what they call a "Tramp Stamp"? hahaha get it dude! Go for it! lol

har har

George wrote:

Also, one thing to consider before getting a tattoo on the middle of your back : you cannot care for it yourself. You will need someone to clean it and apply ointment on it at least 2 times a day. For 10 to 15 days. You cannot expose a healing tattoo to hot water much : it makes the healing skin roll off, taking away the ink with it. That makes showering quite the daunting task. Usually, for all those reasons, back tattoos need many touch ups, and you have to wait a few months between those. And go through the healing process every time. Basically, a 2 year long project...and after 4-5 year tattoos need touch-ups again. That's why I never got back tattoos.

George wrote:

Other things to consider : you'll be staining every t-shirt you'll be wearing for the first 3 to 5 days. And when you'll take them off it will hurt like a bitch. Usually you're not supposed to cover tattoos with any sort of clothing, if you want it to heal nice, and they need to always be covered in ointment. You'll be living with greasy shirts glued to your back for 2 weeks. And you WILL need touch-us, believe me.

All that from a girl who managed to heal all of her tattoos real nice while her tattoo-artist would say "there's no way tattoos on your feet/ between fingers will stick"

hey thanks ill give this some thought