Philly, PA, USA

I'm pretty sure there's always an open mic sometime during the week before blip, you sign up before hand and they just get through as many as they can.

BOSTON

anybody with REAL information on afterparties, or just the usual forum arguments and empty banter? wink

Westfield, NJ
Moriokun wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

True, but if someone signs up in advance, and then they are not present on the day of the show? It happens a lot. Open mic benefits the people who show up early, always. And I know hauling a lot of gear is a pain, but I just can't bring myself to feel sympathy for you on a chipmusic forum. I don't know why.... smile

Hmm didn't think of that. Guess I would have to pack light.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying this is how Blip Open Mic works. I think I remember signing up in advance last year. My memory is always poor.

New York City
Moriokun wrote:

not have to worry about hauling gear from the 4 corners of the globe just for a slight possibility of being able to play.

Bringing tons of  gear to an open mic performance makes no fucking sense. You spend more time rigging/de-rigging than actually playing and it's annoying for the other people who want to play.

Open mic should have a rule of "must be set up in 2 minutes".

Westfield, NJ
akira^8GB wrote:
Moriokun wrote:

not have to worry about hauling gear from the 4 corners of the globe just for a slight possibility of being able to play.

Bringing tons of  gear to an open mic performance makes no fucking sense. You spend more time rigging/de-rigging than actually playing and it's annoying for the other people who want to play.

Open mic should have a rule of "must be set up in 2 minutes".

I've seen people set up their gear on stage before open mic starts, and then take it down after the whole thing is over. It's not so bad. Just don't assume that people will be patient with you if you start setting up your gear the moment your name is called.

New York City

It's an open mic. I find it unnecessary. Bring an MP3 and dance along, like if there's any difference tongue

Godzilladelph

after witnessing the Ctrix open mic in person, i don't think i'll ever be able to do a blip open mic haha

Utrecht, The Netherlands

Well if there are no other plans for an open mic on the thursday before Blip, we would love to host it at the EINDBAAS night. We've actually started open mic/stage at the EINDBAAS parties here in The Netherlands because of the Pulsewave nights and thing it's important for new talent to step up.

We usually ask everyone upfront to let us know what kind of gear they use and such and set it up before, but try to limit gear and setup as much as possible. Still it's better to set-up most of the gear before to arrange a smooth transition but it's not always possible. On the other hand, a lot of artists just have to plug in one Gameboy and they're of to go!

We'll think about the best way to do this, since there's probably so many artists around who want to perform.

vancouver, canada
EINDBAAS wrote:

Well if there are no other plans for an open mic on the thursday before Blip, we would love to host it at the EINDBAAS night. We've actually started open mic/stage at the EINDBAAS parties here in The Netherlands because of the Pulsewave nights and thing it's important for new talent to step up.

would go.

just curious, who else from the netherlands or nearby countries is interested in coming with you guys?

Utrecht, The Netherlands

You'll hear that soon enough smile Right now we have a fixed date & venue for the EINDBAAS NYC Edition on tuesday 29th of May from 8PM till 2AM! Dutch & NYC acts. More info about this very soon!

Westfield, NJ
EINDBAAS wrote:

You'll hear that soon enough smile Right now we have a fixed date & venue for the EINDBAAS NYC Edition on tuesday 29th of May from 8PM till 2AM! Dutch & NYC acts. More info about this very soon!

oh snap!

Toronto Area, Canada
EINDBAAS wrote:

What they said wink

Utrecht, The Netherlands
DEADBEATBLAST wrote:

What they said wink

Yeah, we can at least confirm that DeadBeatBlast is not playing.

Toronto Area, Canada
EINDBAAS wrote:
DEADBEATBLAST wrote:

What they said wink

Yeah, we can at least confirm that DeadBeatBlast is not playing.

DEFINITELY NOT PLAYING wink

FlashHeart

Fuck yeah.

バード大学

....wait, what. Opened thread with interest in open mic-ing, read through thread, suddenly lost.