vancouver, canada

Hey so, is it too early to ask if any pre or post parties are brewing around the time of blip NY?  even other chip parties that may not be related to blip?

I'm asking because it would have an impact on which days i'd plan to be in new york.  Last year i wanted to stick around a few more days for all the other parties but i couldn't - i'd like to rectify that this time around.

btw i'm open to playing any gigs if anyone'll have me!  i'll even be a backup dancer for someone else's gig if you want.   you know that "stirring the pot" dance?  i'm pretty good at that.

EDIT: linking to DeMarko's googlecal for easy reference: CHIPMUSIC AROUND THE WORLD | THREAD | GOOGLE CALENDAR

Last edited by bryface (Mar 29, 2012 5:16 am)

Montclair, NJ

May 4th is the Datathrash Recordings showcase with Facundo, Graffiti Monsters, Nestrogen and myself. I know that there is at least one blip-after party because i know somebody playing one, but I don't have any other details yet.

BOSTON

working on dates for an EINDBAAS party / show / open mic for either Thurs the 24th or Monday the 28th. details soooon

I'd like to know what else is going on on those days to hopefully avoid conflicts!

New York City

Note for all, don't make it like last year where there were a ridiculous amount of stuff, some of it overlapping. It's not good.

Utrecht, The Netherlands

I agree with Akira, guess that's what this topic is for! I know Luke is planning something for 28th of May!

Montclair, NJ

I too second that, Akira.

Abandoned on Fire

There will be another Datathrash related show on 5/28, still working out details.

Unsubscribe

This might be lame but would anyone want to do some sort of pre/after online party/stream?

Westfield, NJ

I just want to throw my hat in the ring for "will play anything"

Boulder, CO

Not to be an asshole but wouldn't everyone want to play a blip pre/after party? Everyone stating it on the board is just restating the obvious. If people want you to play, you'll know. That's my 2 cents.

PS don't book me for any shows.
PPS There needs to be an Eindbaas curated night.

Liverpool, UK
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

PS don't book me for any shows.

COOL REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY, BRAH

Westfield, NJ
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Not to be an asshole but

Whenever someone starts a sentence with this, you know they are going to be an asshole.

wink

Last edited by Decktonic (Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm)

BOSTON

OH GOD GUYS

CAN EVERYBODY JUST GET ALONG FFS?

Milwaukee Area, WI
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Not to be an asshole but wouldn't everyone want to play a blip pre/after party? Everyone stating it on the board is just restating the obvious. If people want you to play, you'll know. That's my 2 cents.

Open Mic would be a great way for noobies to play some of their material to a crowd that can give solid constructive criticism since they'll know the scene and genere better.

However, it would nice if people could sign up for a slot in advance so they're guaranteed to play and not have to worry about hauling gear from the 4 corners of the globe just for a slight possibility of being able to play.

Last edited by Moriokun (Mar 29, 2012 7:44 pm)

Westfield, NJ
Moriokun wrote:
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

Open Mic would be a great way for noobies to play some of their material to a crowd that can give solid constructive criticism since they'll know the scene and genere better.

However, it would nice if people could sign up for a slot in advance so they're guaranteed to play and not have to worry about hauling gear from the 4 corners of the globe just for a slight possibility of being able to play.

True, but if someone signs up in advance, and then they are not present on the day of the show? It happens a lot. Open mic benefits the people who show up early, always. And I know hauling a lot of gear is a pain, but I just can't bring myself to feel sympathy for you on a chipmusic forum. I don't know why.... smile

Milwaukee Area, WI
Decktonic wrote:

True, but if someone signs up in advance, and then they are not present on the day of the show? It happens a lot. Open mic benefits the people who show up early, always. And I know hauling a lot of gear is a pain, but I just can't bring myself to feel sympathy for you on a chipmusic forum. I don't know why.... smile

Hmm didn't think of that. Guess I would have to pack light.