Utrecht, The Netherlands

Forgot to mention: there is a really big chance that there will be an open mic like every year, so we heard... So we are not having one on the EINDBAAS night smile

Toronto Area, Canada
Helvetica Scenario wrote:

....wait, what. Opened thread with interest in open mic-ing, read through thread, suddenly lost.

NO SOUP FOR YOU

バード大学
DEADBEATBLAST wrote:
Helvetica Scenario wrote:

....wait, what. Opened thread with interest in open mic-ing, read through thread, suddenly lost.

NO SOUP FOR YOU

I DIDN'T WANT ANY ANYWAY

vancouver, canada
EINDBAAS wrote:

Forgot to mention: there is a really big chance that there will be an open mic like every year, so we heard... So we are not having one on the EINDBAAS night smile

OR, you COULD still have it anyway, thereby doubling the number of open mics.

(i wanna hear people for more than 6 mins at a time!!!!)

Chicago
bryface wrote:
EINDBAAS wrote:

this

FlashHeart
bryface wrote:

OR, they could NOT have it and add another act to the bill. C'mon, one open mic is enough, right? wink The blip open mic night is usually a nice, casual, and pretty long event where lots of people get to play and there isn't a huge time pressure. I think having another open mic at the Eindbass show would just take up a half-hour that could be used for sound check or a full set.

Westfield, NJ
bryface wrote:
EINDBAAS wrote:

Bry, I know where you are coming from, but if someone is worth listening to for more than 6 minutes, then they should try getting a set. Open mic slots are short because there's always a good chance you'll get "my first LSDJ" and not everyone has the attention span for those kinds of 'surprises.'

I second this! But I would like to see a Jersey/Philly show as mentioned in the Blip thread. :]

Decktonic wrote:

I just want to throw my hat in the ring for "will play anything"

Godzilladelph

Hey there! would anyone be interested in playing a sub heavy bassweight after party? I'm in talks with some folks in brklyn with a large soundsystem to get an after party running. If anyone has any interest in this, please pm me!

We're trying to keep the lineup to dub / 2step / bass music type artists, but anyone with a decent low end who wants the chance to play on a proper system should definitely send me a pm. Thanks!

Last edited by SKGB (Apr 5, 2012 6:00 pm)

Westfield, NJ
SKGB wrote:

Hey there! would anyone be interested in playing a sub heavy bassweight after party? I'm in talks with some folks in brklyn with a large soundsystem to get an after party running. If anyone has any interest in this, please pm me!

We're trying to keep the lineup to dub / 2step / bass music type artists, but anyone with a decent low end who wants the chance to play on a proper system should definitely send me a pm. Thanks!

I've been writing some really sub-heavy stuff lately. Heavier than what you heard at Sprinkle Kingdom smile

IL, US

Is my stuff bass heavy enough for you?

vancouver, canada
Natty wrote:
bryface wrote:

OR, they could NOT have it and add another act to the bill. C'mon, one open mic is enough, right? wink The blip open mic night is usually a nice, casual, and pretty long event where lots of people get to play and there isn't a huge time pressure. I think having another open mic at the Eindbass show would just take up a half-hour that could be used for sound check or a full set.

OR, blipfest could ditch all its acts and just become 3 straight days of open mics.  total anarchy!! 

fair point about the length of the open mic though - i guess if there's only half an hour for open mic-type activities and they're trying to get the rest of the show on the road, then there'd be substantial time pressure.

Decktonic wrote:

Open mic slots are short because there's always a good chance you'll get "my first LSDJ" and not everyone has the attention span for those kinds of 'surprises.'

true, it's good to avoid situations where an artist is overstaying their welcome, but that's always a risk anyway.  it's just that 6 minutes still feels a little too short to me..  8 mins feels more natural a stretch of time, just enough for two songs if the artists wants to do that.

Abandoned on Fire

For a 6 minute (!) set there should be two complete set ups so one guy can get ready while the other is playing.  Rapid fire choons!

Godzilladelph
Decktonic wrote:
SKGB wrote:

I've been writing some really sub-heavy stuff lately. Heavier than what you heard at Sprinkle Kingdom smile

e.s.c. wrote:

Is my stuff bass heavy enough for you?

Link me into some examples, dawgs!
Either pm me a link or email me some stuff at [email protected]
cool?

Chicago
egr wrote:

For a 6 minute (!) set there should be two complete set ups so one guy can get ready while the other is playing.  Rapid fire choons!

I've seen local music festivals have a similar setup. Makes sense.
Give this man a cookie.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Trying to get out to NYC this year... Looking for a place to stay and a Pre party to perform... Anyone?
Going to be posting a thread..

Send me emails directly: logan (at) lowgain-audio [dot] com