orange county, CA

This was my birthday set (turned 17) during the April Artwalk in Corpus Christi, Texas.
All i'm asking for is some feedback, tips, and all that good stuff. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CAqSb4 … nomobile=1

Armidale NSW Australia :D

That was Great i liked it smile you had quite the crowd. cant really give much advice sorry but keep it up,

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 9, 2012 2:38 am)

Rochester, NY

intro bassline hard as fuck yeaaaarrrrrr

those drums hard as fuck yyyyeeeeaaaaarrrr

just like mario at a rave

happy birthday too I guess

(watched the first song only)

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (Apr 9, 2012 2:44 am)

orange county, CA
square0ne wrote:

That was Great i liked it smile you had quite the crowd. cant really give much advice sorry but keep it up,

Thanks Square0ne! Haha, it's all good, feedback is what i'm looking for as well.
Thanks again, and take care!

orange county, CA
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

intro bassline hard as fuck yeaaaarrrrrr

those drums hard as fuck yyyyeeeeaaaaarrrr

just like mario at a rave

happy birthday too I guess

(watched the first song only)

Yeeeeeeer!
Haha, thanks man!
And it's all good, glad you checked it out period!

Ill download the set and give it a better listen and give you full feedback XD

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 9, 2012 4:05 am)

orange county, CA
square0ne wrote:

Ill download the set and give it a better listen and give you full feedback XD

That sounds awesome dude.
Thanks! smile

Sounds fantastic! What kind of setup are you running through here? :3

orange county, CA
xombiexplox wrote:

Sounds fantastic! What kind of setup are you running through here? :3

Thanks man! smile

One GBC unmodded with LSDJ, put through a Numark M2 Mixer!

Okay just listened to the entire 30 minute set.

First off theres some great beats in this set and I can tell that you have obviously put a lot of time and effort into making these songs and i have to commend you on the great sound in general and i loved those Dubstep wobbles some of my little complaints though is after listening to the whole set all the songs kind of sounded the same not that thats always a bad thing but it just felt like i've been listening to a continuous mix of the same song. Maybe try Incorporating some other sounds to spice up the set. but other than that it was a great effort and everyone seems to love it.
Do you have an album or EP i could listen too? Glad to help smile loving those hardcore beats.  8/10 little review there.

Edit:

What i liked: Dubstep Beats,Sound quality,Hard Hitting Feel
What i didn't like: not much variety

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 9, 2012 5:31 am)

orange county, CA

@square0ne thanks for that little review man! Yeah i definitely see what you mean with adding more of a variety of sound to it, i'll definitely work with that! And as for an EP/Album, i do not have anything quite yet. But do have a self-titled EP coming out very soon. I will definitely get that to you when it is released. I've enjoyed your feedback alot man, thanks for this, that little review was just about what i needed! And the rating too! Hahaha, thanks dude, and keep in touch. smile

DataFix wrote:

@square0ne thanks for that little review man! Yeah i definitely see what you mean with adding more of a variety of sound to it, i'll definitely work with that! And as for an EP/Album, i do not have anything quite yet. But do have a self-titled EP coming out very soon. I will definitely get that to you when it is released. I've enjoyed your feedback alot man, thanks for this, that little review was just about what i needed! And the rating too! Hahaha, thanks dude, and keep in touch. smile

Yeah definitely let me know when thats out im looking forward to hearing some more DataFix in the future.

Fargo

I watched a good portion and I thought all the music was pretty good.  You're able to get a lot of cool gritty sounds.  Some bits could get a bit repetitive, but that's not always bad.  I noticed you using the high pass filter on your mixer.  Do you have any other effects you could use to spice up the parts that get a bit repetitive?  Maybe you could get a cheap effects pedal.  Also, you've got a lot of drops in your music.  That high pass filter you're using would be a great added effect just before the bass drops or the kick picks up.  These are all just minor tweaks.  Your music is good.  And, as the guy in the video said about 1,000,000 times, happy birthday!

orange county, CA
Krubbz wrote:

I watched a good portion and I thought all the music was pretty good.  You're able to get a lot of cool gritty sounds.  Some bits could get a bit repetitive, but that's not always bad.  I noticed you using the high pass filter on your mixer.  Do you have any other effects you could use to spice up the parts that get a bit repetitive?  Maybe you could get a cheap effects pedal.  Also, you've got a lot of drops in your music.  That high pass filter you're using would be a great added effect just before the bass drops or the kick picks up.  These are all just minor tweaks.  Your music is good.  And, as the guy in the video said about 1,000,000 times, happy birthday!

Thanks Krubbz! smile
And yeah that high pass filter is the only one that is rather good sounding with my tunes. Hahaha. An effects pedal would be nice, i may look into that! But thanks again, your feedback helps alot. smile

Savannah, Georgia

although you work very well with rhythm and percussion, your intros and some parts involving repeated melodies such as, in the video, the repetitive bass loops at 0:19 and 11:55 are also sketchy - try to make it a bit more solid next time before bringing it to a live show. once you get past that, though, your percussion and effects are absolutely INSANE, and you do things with arpeggios and the P effect i can only aspire to. excellent work overall, keep at it.

orange county, CA
Aeros wrote:

although you work very well with rhythm and percussion, your intros and some parts involving repeated melodies such as, in the video, the repetitive bass loops at 0:19 and 11:55 are also sketchy - try to make it a bit more solid next time before bringing it to a live show. once you get past that, though, your percussion and effects are absolutely INSANE, and you do things with arpeggios and the P effect i can only aspire to. excellent work overall, keep at it.

Thanks for the honest feedback man. smile i'll work on that definitely! Arps and P command are my favorite, i'm sure you've noticed, hahaha. But thanks alot Aeros! smile