shanghai

the djm900 is clearly the best mixer in the world ! bit big to carry around mind. but ive never dj'ed anywhere thats not had one. its just standard, such a beast.....dat filter sweep !

Downstate wrote:

the djm900 is clearly the best mixer in the world ! bit big to carry around mind. but ive never dj'ed anywhere thats not had one. its just standard, such a beast.....dat filter sweep !

Not to mention ridiculously priced!

sweden

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6729/dubstep-mixer/

Last edited by nordloef (Apr 13, 2012 8:38 pm)

Chicago IL

dammit you beat me to it

Damn. And here I thought this topic was about alcohol.

Madison, Alabama
El Huesudo II wrote:

Damn. And here I thought this topic was about alcohol.

It is.  We're just talking about what electronics sound better soaked in Angostura bitters and bourbon.

a cheap pc and a guitar amp ! rolf

Los Angeles

everytime i've needed a new mixer, i have always returned to the mackie 1202. i recently bought my third one (nothing ever went wrong with the other 2 - just sold 'em during hard times)
I really expected to get something new this time, but the nothing met my needs like the good ol mackie 1202. esp since i use a mic with external fx...

however, i would love some internal effects as well as a back up/alternate mixer so i have been looking at the Soundcraft Notepad 124FX ($100!)

i didn't see anyone mention it. Any opinions>?

Last edited by dasid (Apr 15, 2012 1:19 pm)

IL, US

for all the people who just say a model number (aka 1202 or 802), you should include the brand, since those model numbers are just a description of the number of channels & busses that the mixer has... most companies make 802 & 1202 models smile

I just picked up a Mackie 1202 VLZ3 today! It's pretty sweet, but now I need more cables to connect everything at once sad

Savannah, Georgia

where are you getting all this stuff from holy shit

Aeros wrote:

where are you getting all this stuff from holy shit

What stuff?! D:

Tokyo, Japan

Im about to reconnect my mackie 1202. Gonna try and do it more sensibly this time

Lazerbeat wrote:

Im about to reconnect my mackie 1202. Gonna try and do it more sensibly this time

Sweet, if you have any tips or tricks I'd like to know if you don't mind sharing ;3

IL, US

use the control room out for your speakers, tape or main out into your recording device, out of recording dvice (probably laptop) into tape in...this way you can always keep your main level set to a nice spot near the middle after you've adjusted your laptop's input, yet still have access to room speaker volume control of what is being recorded/your main mix/the output of your laptop

Tokyo, Japan

Are there any inherent Problems with going from the alt bus to the soundcard rather than tape/main outs? The alt bus would make it easy to rout specific signals for recording. Also the tape in Is a bit noisy, is the tape out cleaner?

I do appreciate the advIce!