Armidale NSW Australia :D

Hey guys when i turned on my gameboy a couple of minutes ago it turned on as usual with the nintendo logo but when it was meant to go to the LSDJ screen the screen went blank does this just mean my GB needs a battery change? or is my cart dead? Any suggestions?
Thank you

Edit: Im using the USB EMS cart

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 13, 2012 10:29 am)

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Did you try turn it off and on again?

Men of Mega wrote:

Did you try turn it off and on again?

Yes i also tried playing Super Mario and Pokemon and they both worked fine.

Chicago IL

it's probably stuck on the second page

USA

Inserting and removing the cartridge from the GameBoy a bunch of times might just fix the problem you're experiencing.

(This reminds me - I've been meaning to make an animated gif showing a cartridge being inserted and removed from a GameBoy an infinite amount of times.)

SurfaceDragon wrote:

Inserting and removing the cartridge from the GameBoy a bunch of times might just fix the problem you're experiencing.

(This reminds me - I've been meaning to make an animated gif showing a cartridge being inserted and removed from a GameBoy an infinite amount of times.)

Okay ill try that.

Okay now when i turn it on theres little dashes above the nintendo logo and it wont get past that screen.

I havent backed up either sad

Chicago

If I were you, I'd do the following in this order:

1. Blow the cartridge
2. Check to see that your on the correct page of the cart (Green led on the top means second page is active)
3. Try a different Gameboy
4. Try plugging the cart into you computer running flashing software, Does the software accept the cart as is or are there issues
5. If cart loads successfully try and do a save of the SRAM (Even if the cartridge is fucked somehow, SRAM may be readable)
6. Attempt to re-flash your LSDJ ROM after a format of the cart

If its still not working after all of that then I'd suggest reformatting and trying a variety of other ROMs to see how it behaves.
This may or may not help, You could always upload a photo of these little dashes above Nintendor logo for science!

GoingHam wrote:

If I were you, I'd do the following in this order:

1. Blow the cartridge
2. Check to see that your on the correct page of the cart (Green led on the top means second page is active)
3. Try a different Gameboy
4. Try plugging the cart into you computer running flashing software, Does the software accept the cart as is or are there issues
5. If cart loads successfully try and do a save of the SRAM (Even if the cartridge is fucked somehow, SRAM may be readable)
6. Attempt to re-flash your LSDJ ROM after a format of the cart

If its still not working after all of that then I'd suggest reformatting and trying a variety of other ROMs to see how it behaves.
This may or may not help, You could always upload a photo of these little dashes above Nintendor logo for science!

When i turn of the GB the Cart flashes green what does this mean?

Fargo

It's normal for it to flash green quickly when you turn the gameboy off.  If the green LED is on when the gameboy is on, it is on page 2.  If you have no program on the second page, it will probably just stay on the Nintendo logo.  GoingHam was pretty thorough with what you should do.  Try those things.

I wont have access to a PC for a week or two so im freaking out because i had about 10 songs on there id been working on sad

Edit: is there anyway i can save from the cart on Mac?

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 13, 2012 11:56 am)

PH

try to Turn it off for 10 secs. and turn it on... again is the lsdj rom is on the First page??

StarKnives wrote:

try to Turn it off for 10 secs. and turn it on... again is the lsdj rom is on the First page??

Yes lsdj is on the first page

PH

if the cart is on "light mode" it is on 2nd page.. try to turn it off and rest for a sec.. and open again

ill leave it overnight and come back to it tomorrow see what its like then.

Chicago
square0ne wrote:

Edit: is there anyway i can save from the cart on Mac?

Yes there is, sadly though the process of doing is done through terminal commands. (If your not familiar with it don't touch it) Its very crude and beta stage nobody has developed a GUI.

Luckily...
This is a much easier and cooler way,
I use a MacBook Pro, I own 2 of the Smartboy Carts. Never really had too much trouble from them.

I just use VMware Fusion to load my virtual partition of windows xp, then through that launch GB_USB.exe to write, read, save my files too and from both carts.

Send me a PM, I can walk you through it to get your .sav file from the cartridge on your mac.