Matthew Joseph Payne

Oh also, when you do get the chance, load LSDJ onto both sides of the cart. Less hassle that way.

matt's mind

the glitchy logo sounds like the PCB inside has slipped slightly off-center. 

look up into the cartridge, from the bottom where the edge connectors are, you can see if its aligned that way.

even less than a millimeter can get the pins touching/crossed, your symptoms are pretty classic for this.

and, do what kineticturtle said and put LSDJ on both sides of the cart (*if* you got the cart from us and requested LSDJ, its already been done for you unless you changed it).

also, LSDJ MUST!!! be on the menu all by itself.  it will NOT share menu space.  so, if you put LSDJ in both menus, its the only ROM you can have on the cart.  If you just keep it in menu 1 and use menu 2 for something else, just keep it alone in menu 1.  LSDJ doesn't like to share, at all...

Armidale NSW Australia :D
kitsch wrote:

the glitchy logo sounds like the PCB inside has slipped slightly off-center. 

look up into the cartridge, from the bottom where the edge connectors are, you can see if its aligned that way.

even less than a millimeter can get the pins touching/crossed, your symptoms are pretty classic for this.

and, do what kineticturtle said and put LSDJ on both sides of the cart (*if* you got the cart from us and requested LSDJ, its already been done for you unless you changed it).

also, LSDJ MUST!!! be on the menu all by itself.  it will NOT share menu space.  so, if you put LSDJ in both menus, its the only ROM you can have on the cart.  If you just keep it in menu 1 and use menu 2 for something else, just keep it alone in menu 1.  LSDJ doesn't like to share, at all...

Yeah you loaded LSDJ on to it for me and i havent messed with it.

Edit: Okay i have just started my LSDJ and it has gotten to the LSDJ screen but theres question marks on the song screen. I havent touched it yet.

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 13, 2012 8:41 pm)

BK

Sounds like corrupt data to me. HOWEVER, if you haven't written anything to it, just load an empty song and go from there, you should be fine.

Try to flash LSDJ.gb to your cart again. If this is the prob, the .sav should still be intact. Hopefully it's not a combination of battery failure as well. Keep us posted.

Last edited by L-tron (Apr 13, 2012 9:25 pm)

Chicago IL
L-tron wrote:

Keep us posted.

yeah he definitely will

São Paulo, Brazil
Saskrotch wrote:
L-tron wrote:

Keep us posted.

yeah he definitely will

you're mean.

Hey guys an Update: LSDJ is working but it looks like i have lost all my song data anyway i can retrieve it?
I just loaded LSDJ like i have been trying every day and loaded a new song and its been working fine but all my song data is lost?

Edit: Nope its dead again

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 16, 2012 9:50 am)

Sydney, NSW

Go and talk to nitro2k01, he might be able to retrieve your lost data

matt's mind

^ he'll be asking for the sav file, so go ahead and get that ready.  no matter how it comes off the cart, even if it seems blank.

Louisiana

My advice for future reference having experienced this very issue before I knew much about the community, and yea some of it is repeating what others had said plus some possibly obvious tips.

1. Load the same version of LSDJ on both sides. This helps a ton indeed.

2. After you complete a song or get pretty for into it and you know you're going to take a break for awhile back it up to your computer. No matter what. And I highly suggest saving it to your hard drive D also to a flash drive just as back up in case your comp fucks up for any reason.

3. Carry a separate flash drive, or use the same one you use to back up your songs, that has the flashing program on it and your prefered version of LSDJ on it so even if you're away from your computer and at a friends house or something you can load it on theirs real fast and get your stuff back if anything happens to your cart while jamming at a friend house.

4. If you can get a cheap netbook, small lightweight, and usually run about 250$, that you can carry with you do you don't have to depend on a friends computer if away from the house. For emergency situations such as a file corrupt right before a show or something.

5. Invest into another USB EMS cart and once you back your .sav to your computer and flash drive throw it onto the extra cart. So if all else fails you have another cart that is in working order. Also very useful to do before you go play a gig. You'll have twin carts so if one fucks up you have a backup.

6. Last but not least. Every so often, after you back up your cart, completely whipe it clean of lsdj and load like tetris or Mario or whatever preferred game on it on both sides and play it for like 30 minutes. Then load lsdj back on both sides along with your save. I noticed that around the 7-14 track area, depending on length and complexity of your songs, ends up really confusing the EMS cart and will cause songs to become corrupt and not even load, and of they do load it'll load ???s or 00s or all phrases are the same like FF or 1A or some weird crap and if you hit start to play you'll just hear a single high pitch beep or a weird glitchy whistling beep sound for a second. May seem stupid but I noticed giving the cart a little break from lsdj helped solve this issue for me. I think it may be the fact that LSDJ is on both sides and since the cart can only take 1 .sav after saving so much as backing it up with the same thing per as over I think it tries to start duplicating itself and causes this issue. And to solve it you simply replace that file with something else completely different.

Might all seem a bit much but I had the issue 3 times before I was just sick of it as I started doing all this and its all saved my ass. Better safe than sorry right?

Note: when you load a game on it for a "break" like i mention in tip 6. Ive noticed it's best if you use a game that has save files like Zelda or Pokemon.

Hope this helps you out in anyway. And good luck man.

Sweeeeeeden

So, yeah, ask me/send me the sav file. I've been able to recover lost songs many times.

Louisiana
nitro2k01 wrote:

So, yeah, ask me/send me the sav file. I've been able to recover lost songs many times.

"Gods don't like to claim that they are just that, Gods!"

I have heard many stories of this here guy. All possitive. Hes a damn genius! Word on the streets you can trust him with your life ad he can even walk on water for your amusement. Not sure if he can break dance or not, but I bet you he can! Just look at that smile on his face!

lolz Thanks guys i think backing up on a mac is a bit too complicated could you link me to a easy backup program for PC its a windows 7.

matt's mind

you can find links to everything spread throughout the product description here, or also on the minidisc that came with the cart: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card

kitsch wrote:

you can find links to everything spread throughout the product description here, or also on the minidisc that came with the cart: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/usb-64m-smart-card

Thanks Kitsch.

Edit: So on GB_USB it will be able to save my LSDJ data?

Last edited by square0ne (Apr 16, 2012 11:58 pm)