I'll add some extra debug messages that probably show where it hangs.

Riverside, CA

I noticed in the changelog that 1.5 added "Experimental MIDI sync and basic MIDI controller support".
Where are the settings for MIDI sync? I can't seem to find any.
edit: I'm on 1.6.
And, is that MIDI sync out or in?

Last edited by The Silph Scope (Sep 23, 2013 6:51 pm)

Settings needed are just enable/disable MIDI and which channel to listen to. If there's a start signal klystrack will start playing the song and stop signal will stop etc. If there's no such item in the settings menu it might be disabled in the build.

The sync tries to sync klystrack from an external clock signal but it falls out of sync quite fast (I have no idea how to do this). You can also use the MIDI keyboard to play notes but I don't know if it works as intended at the moment (enabling MIDI devices on my computer simply freezes klystrack so it's kinda hard to debug...).

United States

Hope it's ok if I ask a klystrack question in this thread. Does klystrack's skip pattern feature work? I tried command 0D (I'd used milkytracker before and have seen this command in action) and it didn't skip to the next pattern at all like it should. I tried 0D00 as well as 0D09 (9 was the next pattern I had).

IceWolf wrote:

Hope it's ok if I ask a klystrack question in this thread. Does klystrack's skip pattern feature work? I tried command 0D (I'd used milkytracker before and have seen this command in action) and it didn't skip to the next pattern at all like it should. I tried 0D00 as well as 0D09 (9 was the next pattern I had).

In klystrack, Dxx actually jumps to the position inside the current pattern. For example, if you have a 16 step pattern and have 0D00 on the very last row, it will loop back to the beginning and the pattern will play until another pattern comes up in the sequence. All other channels remain unaffected.

I'm not sure if the behavior you were looking for is useful given you can put patterns on any row in the sequence (not just multiples of, say, 16).

United States

Well I was going to keep every pattern 40 hex lines long but for this small transition I wanted to go to the next pattern before 40 hex lines had passed.

Hmm I think I'll add something for doing that. It would be silly to have to put the rest of the patterns on weird rows because of a shorter pattern!

Last edited by kometbomb (Dec 23, 2013 1:35 pm)

OK, added command 2D00 which skips to the end of the current pattern. Basically, if you have a 64-step pattern that has 2D00 on row 15, it will make the whole song jump to the row right after the last row of the pattern.

United States

Cool smile

the valley

nice good very hot

Ok, time for another preview of 1.6... new stuff include the above command and also a song timer (attn n00bstar) and some other fixes.

http://code.google.com/p/klystrack/down … n=2&q=

Last edited by kometbomb (Dec 25, 2013 2:55 pm)

United States

Cool, is the source up to date for linux compiling?

I just compiled it on Ubuntu, works perfectly.

United States

I got an error trying to compile it on a 64bit debian based distro.

~/music/klystron-read-only$ make
Generating dependencies for src/lib/ksnd.c
make all CFG=debug
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/todd/music/klystron-read-only'
Compiling ksnd.c...
src/lib/ksnd.c:1:0: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
 #include "ksnd.h"
 ^
src/lib/ksnd.c:1:0: error: CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
make[1]: *** [objs.debug/lib_ksnd.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/todd/music/klystron-read-only'
make: *** [build] Error 2

I didn't try compiling klystrack itself yet because it said it needed klystron compiled as well.

Montreal, Canada

+1: for pattern break command
+1: for not crashing on my computer anymore
+1: song timer

-3: does not load/play any old song

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ah noticed some songs indeed crash everything. I'm on it. At least castlevania.kt loads properly.

Edit: Ok the load routine is broken, dammit.

Edit 2: Songs saved with the current version seem to load A-OK so this affects only for older songs that have effects, need to look at this bug tomorrow. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Last edited by kometbomb (Dec 26, 2013 10:39 pm)