Fixed the crash, forgot to add text for the finetune param which caused the crash when clicking the very last option.

Montreal, Canada

w00ts. Will download that right away.

Any movement on the chorus? smile

Tokyo, Japan

Move that chorus!!!

I tried the interpolation thingy with the chorus but it introduced a bit different type of distortion... I'm not that hip with signal processing math stuff so I don't really know which way to approach the problem.

My uneducated guess is that there are some clicks there because of not interpolating the samples (i.e. the chorus wants a sample at 1005.75 in the buffer but it is rounded to 1005 and not interpolated from position between 1005 and 1006) and that the modulation might first take a sample at 1005, then at the next frame it will take sample at 1090, leaving lots of skipped samples between those two positions. With a very narrow pulse width a whole pulse might get lost between the two sampling positions.

One thing that might solve it but is not the optimal solution is to oversample the chorus just like the oscillators are oversampled. That should solve the two types of distortion I know are there. Just move the chorus modulation position at 1/16th of the speed it moves now and do that 16 times per one output sample and divide by 16. That means there always will be some distortion but there should be a sweet spot where it's quiet enough and still not too slow to process.

Alright, added to the trunk. Turns out the oversampling is not needed to eliminate the distortion, I just had a bug in the interpolation code which caused similar noise. The oversampling code exists in the source, it can be turned on in case there still is distortion in some cases.

Tokyo, Japan

Cool, is it in the nightlies?

Not yet.

EDIT: Uploading right now.

Last edited by kometbomb (May 25, 2013 7:12 am)

Montreal, Canada

Ah yeah. Dass wut I'm talkin'bout.

I still crash with the process being stuck in the list when I try to quit though. Anything I can do to help you with that? There doesn't seem to be any kind of log anywhere hmm I'm about to reinstall Windows though, I'll let you know if that fixed anything.

Tokyo, Japan

Kometbomb you are a hero!

n00bstar wrote:

Ah yeah. Dass wut I'm talkin'bout.

I still crash with the process being stuck in the list when I try to quit though. Anything I can do to help you with that? There doesn't seem to be any kind of log anywhere hmm I'm about to reinstall Windows though, I'll let you know if that fixed anything.

Maybe it's related to the multiple soundcard setup. Does the stderr.txt say "klystrack has left the building"?

Montreal, Canada

I doubt its the hardware setup. I never had this problem until 1232. Plus I can still run older versions like 1219 and they close just fine.

stderr.txt says:

[WARNING] SDL_RWFromBundle file font.bmp not found

Which isn't really useful since it gives this message for version down to 1172.

Tokyo, Japan

Im on Win7 with klys 1232 and can't reproduce the crash

That font.bmp issue is irrelevant since it basically means "didn't find this file in the current theme, so I will load it from Default instead".

until 1232

Do the r1230 or r1230M nightlies work?

Montreal, Canada

Yup, they work just fine. Anything 1232 and up crashes when I close the program.

Thanks, that should help if it has anything to do with the changes between those two.

Montreal, Canada

One other thing I've just noticed. All the klystrack processes that are stuck in the process list and cannot be killed also register as a sound source when you open Win's volume mixer.