Finally: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119 … 1_i386.deb

Did not check if it actually outputs audio but it should work.

United States

Can I get some slide to note examples? I just started messing with that command on sunvox and it's cool but I'm not sure how to achieve the same effect on klystrack. I know the command is the same but it doesn't sound the same.

I really like how this tracker sounds and will spend a while with it these next few weeks. Thank you kometbomb for the upgrade on linux!!

Tokyo, Japan

Adding thanks, just saw this. Looooove this tracker

Thanks. Another way you can thank me is by creating awesome music! smile

Slide to note: the idea is that you first need a note playing. If you then enter another note after the first note and set the (S)LIDE flag for that new note, it will slide with the speed that is specified by the instrument SLIDE param. You also need to set the (L)EGATO flag so that the instrument doesn't retrigger. If you use only legato, then there will be an instant "slide" to the new note. Slide without legato can of course be useful as well.

Tokyo, Japan

I can probably manage some average music if that is ok?

Yes.

Tokyo, Japan

Yay! It looks like another little update snuck in. Development back on?!

Sort of! I'm on my vacation and the weather is not too good. smile

Tokyo, Japan

Woo-hoo!  Any more plans?

Tokyo, Japan

Actually a question.  Where does the key map file go in Linux?

Tokyo, Japan

How convenient! A double post to edit. I found the files in

usr/lib/klystrack/keys

Montreal, Canada

hello

- Arp effects on channels remain active when you change songs. Ex: if channel 00 has 037 on it, if you load a new song, or make a new one and play a 000/0F0/0F1 instrument in channel 00, it will arp with the old song's 037. This should reset when making a new song, or loading another one. Also, there should be a way to clear this data from within a song. Entering 000 obviously won't work, so there should be a command just for killing that channel's arp data.
- CTRL-C/V while a track is running...ugh
- When using CTRL-K (and that's like, 80% of the time btw) to clone a pattern, you need to switch between sequence and pattern editors a few times to make sure the software is on the right pattern, otherwise it jumps you back a couple patterns, clones some random shit without seeing any result on the sequence editor, but still wastes a pattern.
- Pretty much the same with CTRL-U
- Not sure if I'm using it wrong or if the Bxx command in the instrument editor can actually select waves. I've tried a few times and got nothing.
- Song timer eventually stops working and stays at 0:00

goodbye

Last edited by n00bstar (Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm)

Tried to upgrade to the new version on linux, but unfortunately I'm having stuttery audio issues no matter what mix_buffer I set

Tokyo, Japan

The latest version seems a bit choppy for me too. Can you send me one of your kts?

Ok I am back.

Can you check how much CPU does it use when it's choppy/skips? I have only tested on my Ubuntu Virtualbox setup (works as usual but I think I have quite a long mix_buffer setting in there) so there might be all sorts of differences. The GUI is really slow in general, at some point it used resources something like ten times the actual synth uses.

And hello to you also, n00bstar. I think I fixed that arpeggio thing, it might not be in the latest windows nightly. You can of course reset the arpeggio with 1000. Bxx works so that if you want to select a waveform you need to OR the bits for the waveforms, e.g. pulse would be B02 but pulse mixed with triangle (B04) would be 2 OR 4 = B06. If you just enter random Bxx values the description in the status bar will read something like (LP) which is LFSR (pokey) mixed with pulse or (NP) which is noise + pulse.