Texas

I was browsing eBay when I came across these.

Blue DMG with Prosound and Blue Backlit Screen $127.08 USD

I don't know if anyone on here is selling them, but there are only 2 left.

If you want one I suggest you check your bank account and act fast.

It won't let me save the eBay pic and put it on here, so sorry about that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Blue-backl … 500wt_1378

Last edited by 8-Bit Vic (Apr 15, 2012 2:21 am)

Sydney, NSW

I wouldn't pay that much for it, no way.
I payed $5 for my DMG, $20 for mods (prosound, backlight). That's $25. My cat cost another $40. (all in AUD)
All up (converted to USD), thats about $67.40 USD not incl. shipping.

Plus, I've never seen a patricknicola1987 in the modding scene, so it's hard to judge his past jobs/customers. If you're ordering from kitsch/Apeshit/etc, everybody knows them and their works/prices.

I'd stick with buying a DMG from goodwill/eBay and getting it modded by someone else, or buying a premodded from someone like justinthursday or kitsch and so on.

Just my two cents. I'm probably way off on something! tongue

Texas
Chainsaw Police wrote:

I payed $5 for my DMG, $20 for mods (prosound, backlight). That's $25. My cat cost another $40. (all in AUD)

Plus, I've never seen a patricknicola1987 in the modding scene, so it's hard to judge his past jobs/customers. If you're ordering from kitsch/Apeshit/etc, everybody knows them and their works/prices.

I'd stick with buying a DMG from goodwill/eBay and getting it modded by someone else, or buying a premodded from someone like justinthursday or kitsch and so on.

I see where your coming from. If he was really legit more people would know about him and he would probably have an account on a chip site or something and post in a forum, but you never know.

The pricing is a big issue, but some people would pay some hard cash for a blue dmg and then you have to think if it's a fraud painted one, but then it said returns accepted, so if was that shady of a guy he probably wouldn't accept returns.
Still, the price is kind of outrageous.
You made some good points though bro!

Cleveland, OH
Chainsaw Police wrote:

He is DJTransformer. He has done some legit work. Also blue DMGs can be priced as high as the seller wants as they are fairly rare.
I paid $75 for mine and it was unmodded. Very worth it in my opinion. I know I could have gotten it cheaper but ti's brand new.

Louisiana

Yea hes actually a pretty cool guy. To be honest his site is the very first website I ever found when I searches for modded gameboys and custom gameboy buttons. He's also the only person I've ever been able to find that has a constant stock of 64mb and 32mb cartridges. Only issue is he travels a lot and is gone a lot so if you order from him it may take a bit to get to you. It's good to email him and make sure hes in town before buying from him. I've always gotten lucky and hes been there. He was for a long time the only person I bought from and delt with. Then I discovered Modolith and and Kitsch and Nonfinite. Nothing negative to say about dj transformer at all just he likes to travel so it makes it hard to deal with him. But you can't be mad that the guy has a life outside of gameboys lol. And his work is always good. And as I'm sure everyone that mods will tell you, you pay for quality. Plus as Justin pointed out, blues are a bit rare so price is about right conscidering that and parts and time.

Last edited by Vex (Apr 15, 2012 11:19 am)

Sydney, NSW
justinthursday wrote:

He is DJTransformer. He has done some legit work.

Wait, he's Transformer? Scrap that then! I've dealt with him before, great dude! I'd reccomend him tongue

justinthursday wrote:

Also blue DMGs can be priced as high as the seller wants as they are fairly rare.

Fair enough. I forgot about the price and value of PiLs!

Teksis y'all

This guy also recently put one up. A little cheaper, and he's from the US.

RARE Blue Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01, prosound for LSDj