I've heard it in quite a lot of chiptune songs but im unsure on how i can re-produce it.

If you can assist me (i compose using cubase with vst plugins, so using them would be even better) It would be greatly appreciated

http://gamerstats.net/blip.wav
(im unsure on how to embed the inbuilt player)

Thanks in advanced smile

Madison, Alabama

Sounds like a really fast arpeggio.  I don't know anything about cubase, but it should basically be a monosynth arpeggiating a chord very quickly.

roboctopus wrote:

Sounds like a really fast arpeggio.  I don't know anything about cubase, but it should basically be a monosynth arpeggiating a chord very quickly.

cubase is just another DAW with vst plugin capability.

Thanks for the help smile

Chicago IL

damn this is like level 0 chip stuff.

Saskrotch wrote:

What do you mean by that? im new to the whole chiptune community big_smile

The trouble is, i cant seem to get the arpeggio fast enough, its going faster then 128ths to the point where the vst plugin cant produce all of the beats sad

Orange County, CA

the problem is i believe this is a sound generated by trackers that is referred to as "chords" but its a cheap version of chords that are basically superfast arpeggios so You'll have a hard time replicating it if I'm correct.

Madison, Alabama
patawic wrote:

The trouble is, i cant seem to get the arpeggio fast enough, its going faster then 128ths to the point where the vst plugin cant produce all of the beats sad

Probably want to try double-time or something.

buffalo, NY

umm you shouldnt have to do anything faster than 32nd or 64ths depending on the tempo to get that sound

Gosford, Australia

there's two sounds. a minor third trill (the fast 32nds) and a quick V-I in the background. it's e minor.

Victory Road wrote:

there's two sounds. a minor third trill (the fast 32nds) and a quick V-I in the background. it's e minor.

are you saying the third trill is in "a minor" or are you saying that its a "minor third trill"?

Chicago IL
patawic wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

i mean arps are the kind of thing you learn before you even get enough experience to get to level 1 stuff

VIDEOGAMES

Saskrotch wrote:
patawic wrote:

i mean arps are the kind of thing you learn before you even get enough experience to get to level 1 stuff

VIDEOGAMES

Ive composed other genre's before, just not chiptune. I just wanted to figure out whether it was an arp or if it was oscillated.

Last edited by patawic (Apr 16, 2012 6:26 am)

A gray world of dread
patawic wrote:

There are VSTi with built in arpeggio function. They can usually be set to fractions of ticks.
Take a look here: http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php

µB wrote:
patawic wrote:

There are VSTi with built in arpeggio function. They can usually be set to fractions of ticks.
Take a look here: http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-plugins.php

greatly appreciated, I already have most of those vst's i clearly havent found all of the functions built into them yet.

Thanks smile

shanghai

use renoise and throw cubase away : P