matt's mind

around here, Hobby Lobby carries flocking powders (or however its marketed, can't recall), but they didn't have the air guns for them if you wanted one of those.  they did have the powder in all the basic ROYGBIV colors, and with a spray adhesive you can make it work for scrapbooking i guess is the point.  check that section of your crafting store.

AC Moore should as well, or Michaels.  not sure what is there in LA.  those are the chains here...

since you're into doing strange crafting projects on gameboy shells, another one i tried but gave up on was laying down Huichol style beadwork over the whole of the shell.  the outer layer at least.  it looked amazing but was taking forever, and i gave up after getting a central star made.  this is a huichol artwork example

mmmm crafting.

if someone can write a knitting pattern (or crochet, preferable actually) for the perfect-sized DMG case, it would be pretty great.

Louisiana

That is sick! Yea art is my thing and gameboys are my canvas. Lol I'm willing to try anything out if i think it might look good on a gameboy. I think I may take of making a fuzzy hello kitty amenity with ears and bow with yellow backlight maybe And some pink buttons. That Huichol beading looks intense. If I did make one I'd want to sell it and of its as time consuming as you say I'd probably want a shor ton for it which no one would probably want to pay so I'd be stuck with it. I have a few "test" cases I use to try stuff out on to make sure what ever I plan on using is actually going to work. Flocking one sounds like an amazing idea. Ill porobaly do a call out for broken battery doors to practice the technique in the traps and see how i can make it work if i can make it work. Speaking of which would you be up for sending some for the sake of science? Lol and if all else fails I'll just get one of you cases when they come out and flock it. Cause youre a damn genius and just solved that issue by not giving it traps lol. I'm excited as hell about this flocking idea. If I pull it off just let me know what color and I'll send you a case flocked for you since you're such a badass. Lol

matt's mind

if i had some of the cases to send, i would.  same with battery covers.  i only got two samples though, just a test pour.

i do have a spare DMG case (the original types) i could send though, its marked with a sharpie.  maybe more than one i can check.  just mention in the notes in your next order to send what i can, and i'll do it!  just remind me, it'll slip my mind.

Chicago IL

ugh jesus christ

Louisiana
kitsch wrote:

if i had some of the cases to send, i would.  same with battery covers.  i only got two samples though, just a test pour.

i do have a spare DMG case (the original types) i could send though, its marked with a sharpie.  maybe more than one i can check.  just mention in the notes in your next order to send what i can, and i'll do it!  just remind me, it'll slip my mind.

Oh man I wasnt askin for you to send one of your new cases. Lol I'm totally buying a few of those when they come out, no way I'd ask for one as a donation lol. Extra old and broken or messed up original parts however that's would be sick.  I actually found a website that sells floack in all different colors and calories the air gun for really good price so I might invest in one and start selling some flocked cases. I'm going to try out just doing it by hand but if that does t work out and I like the feel and idea of the stuff I'm going to invest in the air gun.

Louisiana

How hes looking with him new start/selects from kitsch. Button lit red.

*cough* stil waiting on those black buttons to get back in stock Matt. Lol

Cleveland, OH

LAWLSOME! I love it!

completely ridiculous and hilarious; but... love it.

Austin, TX

Those light up start/select buttons are dope!

Louisiana

Haha thanks guys. Just one of my random fuck around projects. I'm debating on doing sesame street themed ones. Like the cookie monster And Oscar and maybe Elmo. Thinking really hard about it. I'll do it if I get a good enough response about them. And they will all be modded and sold.

uhajdafdfdfa

can you do me a gameboy with feathers

so it looks like an archaeopteryx

?

Germany, Trier

lol , how about a spongebob squarepants layout ;D

Detroit, Michigan
Saskrotch wrote:

ugh jesus christ

Boston, MA

this is cool, kudos for coming up with something original