Louisiana

Well to my knowledge! Very excited I finally did it and it turned out damn good considering I'm using fabric. I like it so much I think I'm going to make more fuzzy gameboys to sell at some point. Here's some pics.

Hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think. Also I am going to install a red backlight and I'm hoping for black buttons to be back in stock at kitschs soon. Also if you look carefully at the screen I need to trim a little more of the fabric under the screen. Also wanting to get a black modern screen from apeshit or a chipmusic inside from kitsch at some point. And clear start selects to light up red.

Last edited by Vex (Apr 20, 2012 5:16 am)

Sweeeeeeden

There's one that someone put in some form of solvent or die, which looked kind of fuzzy, but wasn't actually fuzzy. My primary concerns when seeing this are durability and accessibility of the select/start buttons. I'm getting the feeling it might be difficult to press those buttons.

Louisiana

Surprisingly they aren't hard to push at all. The only thing that's a little pain is turning it on and off I have to trim the edges up top around the power switch a little more but my mini scissors broke on me a few hours ago and kept me from doing that last little detail.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I can imagine it getting gross after repeated use with all the oils and sweat and salts and monsters on your hands, but I like the design haha.

Louisiana

Lint roller lightly damp paper towels work wonders. smile Yea its true it will take a little to maintain one of these and keep it looking nice but it's not much. No different than trying to keep your screen from being scratched or case being scratched. You take the measures to protect one of these as you would any other gameboy you care about. And bonus is if you drop it it has a little extra and there is no worry of scratching the case anymore. The next design I have in mind that I'm going to attempt to sell is actually going to protect the screen also while not in use which will be fun. It's also going to be a Domo just a slightly more thought out version. With a flap over the screen that can be folded back and over the top of the gameboy while in use. Personally I'm very excited to see what else I can pull off using fabric on a DMG.

Also another bonus is, even of your case looks like total shit on the outside due to scratches or dent or whatever it won't matter anymore because it's covered. Personally I think this is genius and it feels great on your hands and is nice to hold.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Cuuuuuute.

And yes, I'm being serious.

Louisiana
10k wrote:

Cuuuuuute.

And yes, I'm being serious.

Lol yea ad you can sleep with it too! Lmao

matt's mind

wow, that is sort of cute...

have you tried flocking a gameboy?

i tried this a while ago but my technique wasn't steady enough, and it came out pretty bad...  i want a flocked gameboy, they are always my favorite designer toys.  maybe i'll get a run of cases flocked one day, for shits and giggles.

this is pretty neat though.  very kitschy wink

brooklyn!

ahhhh i really like it big_smile

Bratislava, Slovakia

bacterium will eat batteries smile

Last edited by martin_demsky (Apr 17, 2012 3:29 pm)

Louisiana
kitsch wrote:

wow, that is sort of cute...

have you tried flocking a gameboy?

i tried this a while ago but my technique wasn't steady enough, and it came out pretty bad...  i want a flocked gameboy, they are always my favorite designer toys.  maybe i'll get a run of cases flocked one day, for shits and giggles.

this is pretty neat though.  very kitschy wink

Holy crap Kitsch!!! I was wondering how I could do a crazy vibrate multicolor fuzzy boy and you just answered my question! I used to mess around with flock when I was younger. I dunno why I didn't think about that before that will be perfect. Next fun project in the works now!!! Just have to go find some. Lol

Louisiana
martin_demsky wrote:

bacterium will eat batteries smile

You must be a very dirty boy...

buffalo, NY

Reminds me of the logo over at http://www.biglionmusic.com/

matt's mind

i'd LOVE to know your results with flocking.  i found the dirt traps on the back caused a problem, and taping up the edges so the battery compartment still shuts and everything was tough.

if you can pull it off so it looks clean, you will have done a great thing.  please post pics!  i know you will though...

oh shit.  i just remembered the t-shirt color overlap word.  trap.  its trapping.  the color on the bottom is a bit bigger, the color on tops lays on top of the edge of the undercolor, and you trap its edges under the top color.  no lines wink

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Now can we get one covered with guitar amp tolex? smile

Louisiana
kitsch wrote:

please post pics!  i know you will though...

You trying to say I post to many pics!? Got a problem!? Let's take it outside! I don't want to hit any bystanders.

Yea man I will definelty post pics. Since it was your genius idea ill probably tag you on the FB. When I'm working on it or when it's done. I just have to did the stuff first. I wonder if anywhere around here carries it and what it's running now.

Glad everyone seems pretty on board with the fabric idea. I'm totally down for taking some projects on. It really does feel amazing guys I wish you all could touch it...in a non dirty way.

Edit: yes it's trapping thank you lol. It was still bugging me too. Lol

Last edited by Vex (Apr 17, 2012 4:11 pm)