Louisiana

I couldve sworn I had another Topic runnin already for my random projects but I couldn't find it. So here goes, I figured someone might like this and want to see it. Power led swapped to green. Teal buttons lit up blue and green speaker led. And best part is the speaker still works. Posting a video also, hopefully it works, to show the buttons in action.

And video...I hope.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 … a0bd14.mp4

And I'm thinking an orange backlight might give it some nice color contrast all together. But maybe blue...I'm not sure yet. What do you guys think?

And thank you for checking it out.

Last edited by Vex (Apr 23, 2012 4:38 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

looks good in the dark

Germany/Florida

How did you get the buttons to flicker like that?

Gosford, Australia

yo i think orange might be a bit gaudy. if this is a regular old grey brick i'd go with red for the backlight so you got the whole "rgb" thing happening. looks sick so far!

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 22, 2012 1:21 pm)

Louisiana

This is the case guys.

And glad you guys like it so far. Its just a fucked up dye job boy that I mess around with from time to time. Also I got the buttons to flash using a board I pulled out of some flashing shudder shades. I want to wire it to the speaker actually but haven't figured that part out yet. Lol

Edit: @victory road, I don't read like red and green together reminds me of Christmas, and I don't like red and blue together cause it reminds me of my corrupt countries flag colors lol. This having both wouldn't help much. Plus red backlights seriously fuck with my eyes. I may go blue, but I think orange would look bad ass next to the green power led and against this burnt brown loom i got going on with the case.

Last edited by Vex (Apr 22, 2012 1:30 pm)

Louisiana

Backlight installed. I need to adjust it a little. It's a side lit backlight. And I'm trying to make it work without taking the led out. I can get it to work just has to mess with it a little more.

vancouver, canada

the blue/green color combination works really well! i like that the speaker grille's green matches the power LED.

hey, is there any guide you're referring to for the internal lighting?  i'm trying to figure out how to do it myself, but google is turning out to be surprisingly unhelpful.

Louisiana

Glad you like it man. Actually the backlight is inverted pink. I just had it laying around sink threw it in sonincan play it in the dark lol. I actually just changed it back to normal instead of inverted just now to see how it looks here's a pic:

And it's actually a 2led backlight from the side I had to bend the led posts do they formed around the backlight, I did it just to prove it could be done and you could still have a power led with a side lot backlight. The original tutorials tell you to remove it and say goodbye lol.

As for referencing anything for my case lighting...no not really. Ibe just been paying attention over the years to how the backlights wire up and almost with each new style of backlight they had a new way to wire it. I wired this backlight the way Kitsch and Apeshits new vb backlights wire up, added my own resistor of course so it won't explode on me. Wired the button lights using An old way to do a back light and the same for the speaker light. Just hunt down some of the old tuts for te old backlights and instead of using a backlight use LEDs. I've also found that using old resistors from damaged DMG boards work for every color led perfectly fine with no short circuiting. Works for me. Just mess with a DMG you don't mind possibly ruining and play around with it and have fun. Just tinker away man. I might write up a tutorial the way I do it but not right now. I know this is something people want and no one really has written a tutorial on it that I've found either. So i just may, but there's loads of other people that are better at this stuff than I am I just do it to see if I can. Lol good luck man.

Edit: And sorry for all the typos, I use my phone and I have fat fingers so I typo a lot while on it. Lol

Last edited by Vex (Apr 23, 2012 7:10 am)