Philadelphia

Hello everyone! I'm Chris De Pew (AKA Sub-Woofer Special) and I've just started getting into making chiptune music. Right now what I'm doing is fakebit, but I do plan on getting into actually using LSDJ over the summer. Currently I'm living in Philadelphia as an animation student, but I've always loved music more. I've been trying to get into the chip scene for a while now and would love to be able to talk with other artists that are interested in creating the same type of music as myself. Here's my first chiptune album I worked on: http://sub-wooferspecial.bandcamp.com/ . I'll be working on another within the next couple of months and will most likely be coming here to ask for anyone's feedback.

Sorry for not really making this an interesting introduction post!

Hello Sub-Woofer Special and welcome! smile

and like I said on facebook-come out to 8static already!!! play one of these tunes!

Last edited by an0va (Apr 29, 2012 6:28 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Welcome. Ignore the obligatory trash-the-noob stuff.

Philadelphia

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be out next month for sure. A friend of mine and I have already decided that we'll be going every month over the summer.

I'll be glad to see you and definitely come say say hi!

Also: don't say "fakebit." You write music-don't think the way you write it makes it any less meaningful! It's coming along very nicely, judging by your link. I just started it but I REALLY freaking like "Ghouls." A lot.

Last edited by an0va (Apr 29, 2012 6:29 am)

Philadelphia

Haha well if you say so! And Thanks! A lot of the tracks from that CD are remixed covers (Ghouls, Ice Melts, Float On, I Am the Doctor, We R Superheroes, Giving Up the Gun, Gravy Rainbow, Daylight, Kiss Me, and the "hidden" track at the end of Raining on Your Parade) and the others are originals. The next CD I'm working on will be nothing but originals though.

i've been DUPED

Philadelphia
an0va wrote:

i've been DUPED

Yeah, I'm sorry sad. But if it makes up for anything, I've done all of these by ear and refuse to look up sheet music or use midi files as reference.

Armidale NSW Australia :D

There Just 8 bit covers?

Philadelphia
square0ne wrote:

There Just 8 bit covers?

No, not all of them. There are a couple of tracks that are originals. This first CD was really only made while I was trying to get comfortable with making chiptune music.

Armidale NSW Australia :D
SubWooferSpecial wrote:
square0ne wrote:

There Just 8 bit covers?

No, not all of them. There are a couple of tracks that are originals. This first CD was really only made while I was trying to get comfortable with making chiptune music.

Okay, Cool i liked the Doctor Who Cover smile

Louisiana

Oh wow man nice! Clicked on about 5 or so of the tracks and gave them a quick listen I liked them all from the ones I heard. I'm going to send the link to a friend that uses FL studio also I think he'd be interested in checking it out. Love what you've done here and definitely looking to hear what you do with LSDJ. I think you should also crack into some Mario paint also it has a nice little music thing on it you might like. And most def check out 8static, I haven't been yet personally due to living in Louisiana but I have a few friends in the Philly area that go regularly. I envy all you bastards that get to go lol. Can't wait to actually make it up there one day and actually meet some of these guys in person. But yea man keep it up you're doing great, you'll fit in great here. Also of you need any gameboy equipment this is the place to come to ask community here is great and will answer your questions. There are some that ate dicks though at first but most come around after you learn the ropes a bit. smile

A gray world of dread

Hello! smile

Savannah, Georgia

even though a lot of it's just covers, if this is what you can do with fakebit, i honestly can't wait to see what you can do with LSDJ or NL! welcome to cm.o!

SubWooferSpecial wrote:
an0va wrote:

i've been DUPED

Yeah, I'm sorry sad. But if it makes up for anything, I've done all of these by ear and refuse to look up sheet music or use midi files as reference.

Hah, it's all good. smile