Los Angeles
akira^8GB wrote:

You have two options.

- If you have the original disks, see if the game has an installer or not in the official WHD page. If it does, it will come with a file that will install it automatically, just follow the instructions. If there's no installer, you are out of luck. You will have to wait for someone to make one (or catch up with 68k ASM and make it yourself wink)

- But I would do is go to Whdownload (find the link in my resources page) and find it there. if it has an installer, it's already preinstalled there (just copy to your drive and run) and you can put your originals away.

Thanx, I installed WHD to my hard drive on "C:" like they asked...but I have no clue what to do next. I got the files off the wHD site for the games I have...but there doesnt seem to be a way to install them. The manual online is vague at best...

Planet Zaxxon

What up Akira !!

I am going to purchase the CF reader for the amiga 4000 soon. I was wondering about installing Workbench 3.1.... I found the .ADF file for the workbench install disks... But I was wondering the compatibility for the amiga disks (880k, or whatever they are) with windows... Would windows be able to write the image file to an amiga disk? my other question is where to get some WB3.1 install disk other than ebay. Or if you have any other suggestions on installing workbench... thanks!!

New York City
8bitweapon wrote:

Thanx, I installed WHD to my hard drive on "C:" like they asked...but I have no clue what to do next. I got the files off the wHD site for the games I have...but there doesnt seem to be a way to install them. The manual online is vague at best...

From whdload.de or whdownload.com ?
There is an installer script with installs from whdload.de, but you need the Installer tool that comes with Workbench 3. It's click and play, basically, shouldn't be hard at all. I have a problem realizing where you are stuck, precisely. Please be more specific.

OxygenStar wrote:

Would windows be able to write the image file to an amiga disk?

No, you can't. That's why Seth bought a transfer solution.

You have IDE... if you get the CF IDE thing, you shouldn't worry much about this,. You can use WinUAE to set up your drive on the PC then put it in the Amiga.

my other question is where to get some WB3.1 install disk other than ebay.

It's install disks. fve of them to be precise.
No other than ebay or amibay unless you want to acquire them illegally ;P

Planet Zaxxon

ok cool.. thanks akira.. maybe I will contact you when i get it.. heh

But I tried running WINUAE, and it said i need roms.... Eh? I thought its emulating the amiga, so why now emulate the roms! ha

New York City

The ROMs are software, and copyrighted IP at that. It is illegal to distribute the emulator with them.
What you just said is like "hey I thought this emulated the Nintendo, so why not emulate Super Mario Bros.?"
tongue

Planet Zaxxon

oh i really thought WINUAE is just a way of setting up hard drive for an amiga. Since thats all i need to do. Now i see its a full operating system for windows, that replicates an amiga. haha oops !

New York City

Nppe, it isn't, it's an Amiga emulator! What are you smoking ?:D

Planet Zaxxon

I don't smoke. I am just very new to the world of amiga computer systems.

New York City

But it says it clearly in the page:
"Windows port of the UAE Amiga emulator"
big_smile

It's an Amiga emulator, not an operating system.
If it was an OS it wouldn't ned those ROMs or a copy of Workbench.

You might have got confused with AROS

brighton, uk

Do you know of any trackers or versions that are compatible with WB1.3?
Also, is there a way of showing hidden files on 1.3?

Last edited by CMDR (Feb 1, 2010 5:19 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

Protracker does, and apparently Future Composer and Delta Music 2, but I didn't try those yet. smile

New York City

Most trackers will be compatible with WB1.3. Actually, I can tell you the ones that don't: AHX, MusicLine and maybe DigiBooster Pro. The rest should be fine.

You can't show "hidden" files in WB1.3, you will need to use the shell to access files that have no icon. There might be an extension to do this but I am not sure.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Feb 1, 2010 6:59 pm)

brighton, uk

Well i can confirm that Protracker 4b2 doesnt work, gonna go through different versions and see what works.

New York City

Oh yeah that's a new one. Sorry tongue
There's too many versions and hacks of Protracker, I honestly never paid attention.

Sweden

2.3 is good

1) Does the Amiga have NTSC vs PAL issues in terms of demo-watching, like the C64 does?
2) If I got a European Amiga, would it work with an American power supply? An American TV?