0R360N

OK cool... so the sids have to match, noted.. I will use that link once I open the dead c64

I will probably supply the extra breadbin case to kitsch or something after I paint it up purdy...

aside from the SID, is there anything else of importance I should salvage out of it? also, remember how I said the cleaner c64 has less pins for the monitor connection? Is it possible to swap the connector from dead one? Cause I only have the one cabel and I would love to test it. (hope that makes sense without pics)

sooo much shit to sort through

Will a C64 mouse (1351) or an Atari ST mouse work with Amigas?
I'm guessing the answer is no, but I thought I might as well ask.

Last edited by Awol (Feb 4, 2010 1:19 am)

New York City

No, they do not work. They are very different.

0R360N

so here are my SIDs ... am I correct in thinking I can use the 2 from 1983 together for sid2sid? That would be great since on machine is broken smile

You can use any of those three together, since they're all 6581's.

0R360N
Awol wrote:

You can use any of those three together, since they're all 6581's.

Very awesome, thanks

Opinions on Escom Amigas?

Los Angeles
Thretris wrote:

Bards tale Rules~!

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Feb 4, 2010 11:29 pm)

Los Angeles
Thretris wrote:

so here are my SIDs ... am I correct in thinking I can use the 2 from 1983 together for sid2sid? That would be great since on machine is broken smile

You may wanna source a couple of 6581r4's they are the best of the 6581 series. The ones you show have the WORST filters of the bunch (like almost no filtering!)

Here is a guide to SID chip versions:
http://sid.kubarth.com/sid_revisions.html

Someone may have mentioned this to you but you can only use a 6581 model chip in your c64s, you cant use 8580 or 6582.

Last edited by 8bitweapon (Feb 4, 2010 11:40 pm)

New York City
Awol wrote:

Opinions on Escom Amigas?

Poop. Come with a crappy diskdrive.

Hmm... Because I'm watching an Escom 1200HD that's currently at a relatively low price (and this site says they're rarer than normal Commodore 1200s). I read that the Escoms come with newer Kickstart ROMs too. Any way of fixing the floppy drive?

Last edited by Awol (Feb 5, 2010 3:38 am)

New York City

Yes, you can change the floppy drive.
The Escoms come with 3.1 instead of 3.0. Not many improvements to be honest.
If you can bag it for cheap, DO IT, fuck a disk drive big_smile
I don't remember about other problems, I remember hearing something but not sure.
Maybe search at the EAB? (follow link in links thread)

Barcelona, Spain

i think the escom disk drive was a pc drive modified, and this can cause incopitibilities with software accessing to disk operations at low level.  i have one of those escom amigas, and NEVER got any problem.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48539

0R360N

Has anyone ever made a tracker that can utilize 6 channel sid2sid?

Milwaukee, WI

Sadly not yet. sad  I would really love one though, (especially with MIDI sync support!!!)

Milwaukee, WI

Oh, I might have spoken too soon!  This appears to be a stereo version of JCH Editor.  Can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Feb 7, 2010 6:58 pm)