Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Theta_Frost wrote:

Oh, I might have spoken too soon!  This appears to be a stereo version of JCH Editor.  Can anyone confirm this?

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=16258 ? (haven't checked it myself)

Milwaukee, WI

Thanks, I forgot the link!

uhajdafdfdfa

What is the SID2SID for? Completely non-standard aftermarket modification which most people don't have, supported by exactly 1 tracker (and I assume approximately 0 demos and games) - seems like the second SID is in there sleeping most of the time. And if the SIDs have to be the same, it doesn't even give you the option of switching between 6581/8580 in the same machine. What is the main use for it (just curious about it)?

New York City

SID2SID was created to be used mostly with Prophet64/MSSIAH to extend it to 6 channels of SID. Pretty useless out of that, not much software would utilize it.

New York City

By the way, the Amiga part of the disk network has already begun planning:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=50150

uhajdafdfdfa
akira^8GB wrote:

By the way, the Amiga part of the disk network has already begun planning:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=50150

Great news, especially after I just found today that all my disks were mysteriously wiped (storing them next to a CRT monitor might be to blame?). So I'll be needing another copy of Hombre, and then I could get involved too. Thanks for putting this together, sorting it out, etc! smile

New York City

The CRT surely helped wipe the disks, specially if they are old.
i'll try to get the network going fast. Hey, it beats a creep trying to charge you for copying you some disks in these very forums. And they call me a dick :S

uhajdafdfdfa
akira^8GB wrote:

The CRT surely helped wipe the disks, specially if they are old.
i'll try to get the network going fast. Hey, it beats a creep trying to charge you for copying you some disks in these very forums. And they call me a dick :S

I saw the thread too, I was about to start a similar thread offering A500 disks for free, but I put in Hombre to test, and unfortunately it was gone (along with all my others except Protracker and one floppy of mods).

Hopefully no one can charge for it soon enough - who would pay for something like that if they can easily (and legally) have it for free? smile

New York City

Yeah it pisses me off. But I'm the jerk. Right? tongue

brighton, uk

I've been getting a bit more geeky with my amiga the last few days, and I was looking through Sysinfo and noticed that my clock battery is dead. Or at least I think so. It says "CLOCK NOT FOUND".
Is it necessary to replace it?
What am I missing out on without one?
Perhaps I should take a look inside!
Akira, oh Commodore god, enlighten me!

I'm also a little confused on what the best option is for a ram expansion and fpu.
I'm looking to upgrade beyond my lowly 2mb chipram and i'm wondering what the cheapest, most powerful setup I can get.

New York City

Only Amigas with RAM expansions or accelerators have battery backed up clocks.
CLOCK NOT FOUND means you don;t have a lock, not that the battery is dead (dead battery only resets the time every time you boot up)

FPU will be hardly used by anyting except some demos. Don't bother.
There are cheap 8MB RAM expansions for A1200. Try to get those if you don't need an accelerator.

brighton, uk

Thanks for the info Akira. I think i'll probably end up just getting a ram expansion, an accelerator does seem overboard on my measly budget, a games nd I of course only want to play games and track on it.

Has anyone had any business with this website? http://www.analogic.co.uk/Amiga_Addons& … rades.html
It's the only place I managed to find an upgrade from, amibay, lemonamiga and ebay are all desolate sad

New York City

Have yo tried any of the shops I link to on this forum section? They are stickied.

brighton, uk

Tell a lie, i've just discovered their Ebay shop, and I have dealt with them before, they have a 99.9% Ebay rating.
I always check amigakit and vesalia and i've never seen them stock them, just accelerators.

Last edited by CMDR (Feb 14, 2010 10:20 pm)

brighton, uk

so I bought another C64 after discovering that there was a fault on the board and not the SID itself, and I got one of these C64C with a large board and a 6581. http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/c64mb/ … 0466-1.jpg
I plugged in my old 8580 thinking that it was dead, just to experiment and the thing worked absolutely fine.
How?
Will it just fry the chip if I leave it in there?
Kind of bummed now though, I have 2 spare 8580s doing nothing, would I be able to install SID2SID on this board with 2 x 8580s despite it's differences to a normal short board.
d.

Last edited by CMDR (Mar 12, 2010 3:00 pm)

New York City

Dude it doens't work. What you've done is wrong. You are feeding 12VDC to a 9VDC IC. If you didn't burn it already or damage it, you are very fucking lucky.

You CAN'T install 8580s on an old board.