NC in the US of America

Be sure to present the songs in a way that requires you to press buttons other than "Start". It looks so much more interesting and mystical when you look like you're "playing" a song. The first time I saw nullsleep, I was like "How is he doing all that with just a d-pad and two buttons?!?"

::)

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 5, 2012 3:04 am)

Rochester, NY

drop the gameboy and learn guitar instead

bitches love guitars

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

drop the gameboy and learn guitar instead

bitches love guitars

How's that going for you? Beating them off with a stick?

Rochester, NY

if I'm not at least danimal cannon is

if one man can do it, anyone can

TSSBAY01

do the exact opposite of everything i have ever done

lolusa

Speaking as someone else who lives in Tacoma (253!), all you really can do is have fun with it.
No one else in this area is aware of the real capabilities of the hardware you are using.
No one is aware of this as an acceptable platform for music.
No one knows how they feel about it, and use that to your advantage.
Not to sound completely negative but, a mediocre performance is only performed with a mediocre attitude. It can be very intimidating to present something new to an audience that is not familiar with it, and I've been dealing with it for the past five years. Though each time I decided to have fun with it, say corny things, and focus on what I'm doing, it was never a regrettable experience. It was the performances that I didn't feel completely there that I have regretted.

Good luck buddy, looking forward to hearing how it went smile

Write good music, be confident in your product, engage the audience, and don't look back. Even if the crowd response is weak, go all out. I read an article of how At The Drive In used to go fucking buck wild even to a crowd of only three to five people max, jumping around and shit, never letting crowd response affect their confidence. Of course your stage behavior all depends on your genre of music and your market, but realize that every single person standing in that room is doing you a favor-make them proud to be there. Talk to people before and after the show. Make friends. Establish relationships. Be professional and courteous to every single person. You have no idea who will become a huge supporter of your project and those friendships, IMO, are really what make it all worth while.

buffalo, NY

Don't be depressed if it doesn't go amazing.  I've had PLENTY of shows where I played my ass off for a smattering of vaguely interested applause.

It happens.  Roll w the punches.  There might be a guy who loves it, but might be squeamish to act on it if the crowd is not vibing. Play the same way for 5 or 500

Exactly, Danimal! And that one person can make it all worth while.

Tacoma, WA

The performance went great! It was too much fun. I really got the audience into a frenzy. For most all of them, this was a new experience, and I feel I did a nice job of pumping up the party and keeping the energy going. I will try and upload songs after the SAT tomorrow and will upload pics as soon as I can get them from my friends.

I know a lot of you guys suggested I get wasted... though this sounds really interesting, I am 17 and cannot drink yet... but, give it time... I will be 21 eventually.

Thanks for all of your advice guys! ^_^

sure np glad i could help

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Glad it worked out, now remember us when you make it big.

Godzilladelph

drop d tune the guitar and fuck mad bitches
bitches love fucking mad bitches

fix'd that for ya bra

Chicago
SKGB wrote:

drop G tune the guitar and fuck mad bitches
bitches love fucking mad bitches

fix'd that for ya bra

fix'd that fix.

Norway
Auxcide wrote:

My tip: don't fuck up. smile

Actually, I've fucked up before, but since my sets have been straight from old hardware, it seems like audiences don't mind. It's like fuckups with old hardware triggers a nostalgiabomb.

My tip; try not to look bored. I've seen a few photos of myself on stage, and you can't tell from an audiences perspective if I'm bored or if I'm just concentrating.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Play your music like you're proud of it and deliver the energy that you think it fits.

It's ok to make mistakes, just don't make a big deal out of them smile

And have a really good time.

good luck!