uhajdafdfdfa

i think this license is very harmful and bad
i hope you aren't using it

if you are using it, WHY are you using it

New York City
ant1 wrote:

Start by explaining why it would be bad.

uhajdafdfdfa

isn't it obvious why is bad? no one can make derivatives of your song...

Chicago IL
akira^8GB wrote:
ant1 wrote:

Start by explaining why it would be bad.

it's an ant1 thread you don't have to take it seriously

Savannah, Georgia
Saskrotch wrote:

it's an ant1 thread you don't have to take it seriously

South Jersey, USA

Nd helps me sleep at night

uhajdafdfdfa

what a shitty forum i can't wait for 8bc to come back

ant1 being a "grumpyboots" what is this

Last edited by Je Mappelle (May 6, 2012 7:50 pm)

AANABAY01

I agree with ant1 and you do have to take it seriously

Russia, Moscow

Serious or not, but I'm agree with ant1 on this. The ND license hurts the artist itself - no remixes or covers, no extra publicity (see classic video game music with all these covers as an example). Not to mention that in case with music it conflicts with the US law that allows cover versions without getting a permission from the original artist himself.

Brunswick, GA USA

An allegedly more serious blog asked, what is the difference between NC-ND (non commercial, no derivs) and conventional copyright? I see his point but at the same time, I think a person choosing that sort of thing wants the material to be freely available (and free to copy and share) under the condition that it be presented in an expected way without having to contact the artist first; otherwise, that person indeed wants all the other rights in copyright law.

If you want and expect derivs, it should also be easy to get the sources and individual instrument without needing to ask the artist for them.

A little more detail here http://createdigitalmusic.com/2010/10/c … -addendum/

Last edited by chunter (May 6, 2012 9:30 pm)

Norway

I tried to change the licensing of my tracks just now since I noticed I hadn't put much thought into it, and all my tracks have different licenses. But it seems I don't have that option. Or, am I doing it wrong?

Gosford, Australia

isn't SA very similar to ND? or am i understanding it in the wrong way?

montreal, qc

it's a very interesting tag. one would think if you cared enough about ND, you would just exercise your copyright.

Brunswick, GA USA

share-alike is like the GPL in software: it says "if you make something from this, you must use the same licensing." In this case, something marked NC would be NC in its remixes too

uhajdafdfdfa
Victory Road wrote:

isn't SA very similar to ND? or am i understanding it in the wrong way?

share alike means if you share derivative works, they have to be under the same or similar license
ND means you cannot share derivative works