Chicago IL, USA

So I contacted DJ Cutman today about GameChops release, but he already has the rest of his 2012 releases laid out and couldn't do it til early next year, so I'm thinking of just maybe making a bandcamp for just the release for free with a mediafire link and what not in a couple days when I have the time and after I do some mastering. Sound good to everyone? It's gonna be just the 8 tracks because I'm sick of waiting for people.

edit: Alternative release options will be considered if you've got any.

Last edited by SadPanda (Sep 16, 2012 3:47 pm)

Rochester, NY

Do what you gotta do, SadPanda.  You're a trooper.

Geneva, NY

I like bandcamp. No mediafire though. That screams unprofessional. I will actually NOT download/listen to any release that I see also has a mediafire link. Truth.

rochester, ny

if you're doing bandcamp, then why do you need to do mediafire at all? people can just download from bandcamp.

Geneva, NY

Thats what I'm saying, baby!

Chicago IL, USA

true. I'll hold off on mediafire and only upload on there in the event that for some reason 200 people download it in a month (unlikely, but possible). I ain't tryin to pay for no download credits. Expect it this weekend unless some horrific occurrence prevents me from uploading.

Orange County, CA
nickmaynard wrote:

if you're doing bandcamp, then why do you need to do mediafire at all? people can just download from bandcamp.

Personally I chose to do simultaneous release due to limited number of free downloads off of bandcamp and since I'm poor and upstart it'll be a while untol i upgrade to more free downloads. And I was thinking of the future. The attitude of not downloading something because it has a mediafire is kinda shitty imo.

Unsubscribe

Archive.org> mediafire. JUST SAYIN.

Orange County, CA
herr_prof wrote:

Archive.org> mediafire. JUST SAYIN.

Keepin that in mind thanks for the tip!

Geneva, NY
Dr Treble wrote:

The attitude of not downloading something because it has a mediafire is kinda shitty imo.

Go pro or go home. If your music is good and you think it's good enough for other people to hear, distribute it with some fucking integrity.

rochester, ny
SadPanda wrote:

true. I'll hold off on mediafire and only upload on there in the event that for some reason 200 people download it in a month (unlikely, but possible). I ain't tryin to pay for no download credits. Expect it this weekend unless some horrific occurrence prevents me from uploading.

isn't it like $5 for a thousand more downloads?

Orange County, CA
bleo wrote:
Dr Treble wrote:

The attitude of not downloading something because it has a mediafire is kinda shitty imo.

Go pro or go home. If your music is good and you think it's good enough for other people to hear, distribute it with some fucking integrity.

Lol implying integrity means "choose a filesharing network that bigots won't have distaste of for god knows what reason"

like i get it, it doesn't look "professional" (implying many of us make chiptunes professionally read: as their main profession) and I took the advice for choosing something else, but it doesn't change the fact that people being so worked up about a filesharing network is kinda shitty lol

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm)

rochester, ny

are you calling brady a bigot?

Orange County, CA
nickmaynard wrote:

are you calling brady a bigot?

no, I don't think so because I see where he's going with it. its just like wow, insulting people for their choice of filesharing.. a new trend?

sorry for threadjack, back to business I guess.

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm)

Chicago IL, USA

So I mastered tracks and set up the bandcamp for the comp, just gotta upload the songs which I will do tomorrow. Anyone who participated who reads this by then should respond with what link/s they want in their track descriptions (soundcloud/facebook/etc.). By default I'm gonna do just facebook page and soundcloud unless someone states otherwise.

bleo is it cool if I put in the track credit for Sabotage "Brady Leo+Bud Melvin = Spoonicorn" or whatever?

Geneva, NY

Please just credit us as Spoonicorn and link to http://budmelvin.com thanks!

As for Mediafire, I'm not hating on a choice of filesharing service, I'm saying with the tons and tons of chip releases out there, you can't listen to all of them and unless someone says "ZOMG you gotta hear the new (insert artist here) release and it's on mediafire," you have to do SOME judging the book by its cover to weed out what you're gonna download. I contend that you shouldn't be using filesharing as a method of music distribution at all. Look at all those people who released via Megaupload. And I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just simply saying that you're limiting your audience by releasing via filesharing because I'm not the only one who feels this way.