Orange County, CA
bleo wrote:

Please just credit us as Spoonicorn and link to http://budmelvin.com thanks!

As for Mediafire, I'm not hating on a choice of filesharing service, I'm saying with the tons and tons of chip releases out there, you can't listen to all of them and unless someone says "ZOMG you gotta hear the new (insert artist here) release and it's on mediafire," you have to do SOME judging the book by its cover to weed out what you're gonna download. I contend that you shouldn't be using filesharing as a method of music distribution at all. Look at all those people who released via Megaupload. And I'm not insulting anyone, I'm just simply saying that you're limiting your audience by releasing via filesharing because I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Understandable. My own personal example was a simultaneous release bandcamp/mediafire packaged real nice in the "Releases" section a few weeks ago and it was sounding like people will pass it up simply because the ow.ly link turned out to be a mediafire. I'm not expecting people to find it on mediafire and go OH YES but I would hate to find out that people exited the window instead of clicking download when they found my ow.ly went to mediafire.

Geneva, NY

well, if you're just ow.ly the url, you should do a public dropbox link, that way, the zip save dialogue just pops up and no one has to look at any ads or click anything else!

Orange County, CA
bleo wrote:

well, if you're just ow.ly the url, you should do a public dropbox link, that way, the zip save dialogue just pops up and no one has to look at any ads or click anything else!

witchcraft.