Tulsa, OK

But at the price of of my pocket, I can have 4 of them for the price of a prosound DMG

The DMG is better, but I am starting, and I think it will be okay for now... Right?

for 80$ you could get a backlit prosound dmg

Detroit, MI
Jake Allison wrote:

But at the price of of my pocket, I can have 4 of them for the price of a prosound DMG

The DMG is better, but I am starting, and I think it will be okay for now... Right?

If you prosound/backlight yourself, the price it pretty much the same. Think I actually payed less for my dmg than either of my pockets.

If you search hard enough a dmg could cost you 10$ clean it up yourself, throw in a 13.50$ backlight couple a bucks for shipping and for around 30$ its prosound, and backlit if you do it yourself

Tulsa, OK
12ianma wrote:

If you search hard enough a dmg could cost you 10$ clean it up yourself, throw in a 13.50$ backlight couple a bucks for shipping and for around 30$ its prosound, and backlit if you do it yourself

I would mess it up if i did it myself, I do not have any experience.
dont get me wrong, the DMG is better, and if I come across a good one at the right time; will buy one

you do have a point, but I still think the pocket is cool, and a good price for me to learn on; if i screw it up, its not a huge deal smile I also think that a prosound, backlit color could be a good option for me, personally. A 2nd gen SP would work too.

I also have a gameboy player for my gamecube that I love to use. any disaster stories with that?

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Jake Allison wrote:

A 2nd gen SP would work too.

This. It's what I recommend to anyone starting off. Even first gen ags-001 is fine.

Tulsa, OK

I am waiting on 1.6 to get here!

I am going to start off with the pocket, and see how things go... I like the possibility of the gameboy player

Douglas, Wyoming

I have a clear pocket, the only issue is those things use up batteries like no other, but the screens are fantastic and they're portable and light unlike my DMGs

New York, NY

I think they're cool, small, on the go...
however, i can run through 2AAA's in about 2hours.

It is backlit and pro-sound, not sure if that has something to do with that issue, but...
whateves.

I do prefer DMG for overall sound quality.

j.

I have a blue pocket, it's pretty awesome it was what I was going to backlight and prosound. Got that one for $15 But that plan backfired when I picked up a DMG from my neighborhood pawn chain store for $10.

Earth
Jake Allison wrote:
Stevens wrote:

Pockets have been proven to sound different to DMGs, with what is generally regarded as a thinner sound. Read this article.

Great link! Thank you smile
Though it does not help me feel great about the pocket's sound tongue

They do have a thin sound. DMG is the nicest sound, but GBCs are a nice compromise. They are pretty small, they get pretty good bass after prosound, and they have a much faster cpu than DMG. Wizwars songs crash unless u run them on a GBC.

Oh yeah better battery life too.

Last edited by breakphase (Jun 26, 2012 4:27 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Auxcide wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

also, i'm pretty sure the pocket has less processing power than a DMG. most of the tracks i write on DMGs end up slowing way down on a pocket, if not crashing.

This. Only an advance or sp can play my songs. All of my dmgs and mgbs slow down and crash. When I release my .savs I wonder how people will react.

lul. Yeah.

NC in the US of America

But, hey, at least you get the "minimalist appeal" on a pocket. Those limitations should create great art, wot wot?

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 26, 2012 4:43 am)

it totally works

i.imgur.com/ZWPG2.jpg

switch is for blue backlight, blue buttons on the way!

Last edited by psychedelicious (Jul 3, 2012 11:34 pm)

That is mod is the juice.

Next step is put the sp'a rechargeable battery in there... But torn up inside because sp batt=600mAH vs 2xAAA=1100mAH, and the life of a single charge or set of batteries is what I really want to extend. Plus sp batt is lithium ion meaning in 5 years will be below 50% original capacity...